The Singapore national team match against the Thailand in 2e ronde of the AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the The National Stadium Stadium, Singapore.
Singapore will face Thailand in the important Group C match of the second round of the 2026 AFC World Cup Qualification at the National Stadium, Singapore on Tuesday, 21 November 2023. Both teams hope to achieve a win which will increase their chances of qualifying for the third round.
Singapore and Thailand have met 16 times since 2006, with Thailand winning nine games, Singapore winning four, and three draws. Thailand scored 21 goals, while Singapore scored 12 goals. The last meeting between the two teams took place in the 2021 AFC qualifiers where Thailand won 2-0 through Dolah and Chaided.
Singapore is currently in last place in group C with no points from a single match. They won over Guam twice, but lost to South Korea 5-0 in the opening match of the second qualifying round. Tatsuma Yoshida’s side have a solid defence, but need to improve their productivity in front of goal. They have only scored three goals, but have conceded seven goals so far.
Meanwhile, Thailand is in third place in the group, with zero points from one match. They won over Lebanon, but suffered defeats to Iraq, Georgia and China in the opening match of the 2026 AFC World Cup Qualification round 2.
Akira Nishino’s team has a dangerous attacking line, but needs to improve their consistency and discipline. They scored five goals in the last five matches, but conceded 14 goals, the biggest when they lost 8-0 to Geoigia in the Friendly Match last October 2023.
This match will be a big test for the two teams, who have fierce rivalries at regional level. Singapore and Thailand are the two strongest teams in Southeast Asia, with each having won the AFF Cup (Suzuki Cup). Both teams have also qualified for the AFC Asian Cup, with Thailand participating eight times and Singapore four times.
Both teams have key players who will play an important role in this match. Singapore will rely on captain Hariss Harun, who is an experienced midfielder and team leader. He has scored five goals in 97 international appearances. He will be supported by players such as Safuwan Baharudin, Ikhsan Fandi and Faris Ramli, who have quality and experience at international level.
Thailand, on the other hand, will rely on their star Chanathip Songkrasin, who is a creative and talented player. He has scored seven goals in 46 international appearances. He will be assisted by players like Theerathon Bunmathan, Teerasil Dangda and Supachok Sarachat, who have good speed and technique.
Singapore is indeed one of the strongest teams in Asia, but Thailand is considered better and can get full points in this match. In the last 7 meetings between the two teams, Thailand has consistently won all matches in all competitions.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Singapore vs Thailand match at The National Stadium Stadium, Singapore can be watched live streaming. AFC World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 08:00 ET.
|Match||Singapore vs. Thailand|
|Competition||AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||The National Stadium Stadium, Singapore|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Singapore (5-4-1)||Thailand (4-2-3-1)|
|H. Sunny||P. Khammai|
|R. Stewart||T. Do|
|L. Tan||P. Hemviboon|
|I. Fandi||K. Kaman|
|S. Baharudin||T. Bunmathan|
|N. Nazari||S. Yooyen|
|S. Shahiran||P. A-nan|
|H. Harun||S. Sarachart|
|J. Mahler||C. Songkrasin|
|Song Ui-Young||B. Phala|
|S. Anuar||S. Mueanta|
5 H2H Latest Singapore – Thailand
- December 18, 2021 – Thailand [2 – 0] Singapore (AFF Mitsubishi Electric Cup)
- November 25, 2018 – Thailand [3 – 0] Singapore (AFF Mitsubishi Electric Cup)
- November 22, 2016 – Thailand [1 – 0] Singapore (AFF Mitsubishi Electric Cup)
- March 26, 2015 – Thailand [2 – 0] Singapore (Friendlies)
- November 23, 2014 – Singapore [1 – 2] Thailand (AFF Mitsubishi Electric Cup)
Singapore – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Singapore [0 – 2] Tajikistan (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – Singapore [3 – 1] Chinese Taipei (Friendlies)
- October 12, 2023 – Singapore [2 – 1] Guam (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Guam [0 – 1] Singapore (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 16, 2023 – South Korea [5 – 0] Singapore (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Thailand – Last 5 Match Results
- September 07, 2023 – Thailand [2 – 1] Lebanon (Saudi Arabia King’s Cup)
- September 10, 2023 – Thailand [2 – 2 P] Iraq (Saudi Arabia King’s Cup)
- October 12, 2023 – Georgia [8 – 0] Thailand (Friendlies)
- October 17, 2023 – Estonia [1 – 1] Thailand (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Thailand [1 – 2] China PR (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)