The Hong Kong national team match against the Turkmenistan in 2e ronde of the AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the Hong Kong Stadium Stadium, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong will host Turkmenistan on November 21 2023 in the second round of the AFC World Cup qualifying group C. This match will take place at the Hong Kong Stadium and is an important match for both teams to maintain their hopes of qualifying for the next round.
In the second round of qualifying, Hong Kong is currently in the last position of the 4 teams with zero points, while Turkmenistan has also not got any points. Iran and Uzbekistan lead the group with three points, so Hong Kong and Turkmenistan must try to win to catch up.
Hong Kong and Turkmenistan have met twice before, with one win for Turkmenistan and one draw in the same competition. However, the duel between the two teams occurred 15 years ago so it is difficult to use as a performance benchmark. The last clash took place in November 2007, where Turkmenistan won 3-0 at home.
The Hong Kong national team has had mixed performances in their last five matches, with two wins, one draw and two defeats. They showed sharp attacking ability by winning 10-0 over Brunei and 4-0 over Bhutan, but they were also prone to conceding goals by losing 2-0 to Bhutan and 4-0 to Iran in their next matches.
Coach Jorn Andersen is likely to make some changes to his line-up to face Turkmenistan, relying on striker Mark Udebuluzor, who scored twice in the 4-0 win over Bhutan, and Everton midfielder Camargo, who provided two assists in the same match. Hong Kong will also hope to keep their goal clean, relying on goalkeeper Yapp Hung Fai and defender Hélio Gonçalves.
In contrast, Turkmenistan are winless in their last five matches, with four defeats and one draw. They lost 2-0 to Indonesia, Oman and Uzbekistan, and drew 1-1 with Bahrain. They have had problems creating and capitalizing on chances, scoring just two goals in five games.
Coach Ýazguly Hojageldyýew is likely to change his team’s game scheme in search of their first win in qualifying. He will rely on midfielder Wahyt Jumaýew who scored the equalizer in the 1-1 draw with Bahrain, and defender Ilýa Tamurkin who is the captain and most experienced player in the team.
Based on the latest team strength performance, the Hong Kong team is considered to be more prepared than the visiting team. They will likely mine the first three points in qualifying this week.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Hong Kong vs Turkmenistan match at Hong Kong Stadium Stadium, Hong Kong can be watched live streaming. AFC World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 08:00 ET.
|Match||Hong Kong vs. Turkmenistan|
|Competition||AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||Hong Kong Stadium Stadium, Hong Kong|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Hong Kong (3-4-3)||Turkmenistan (4-3-3)|
|K.W. Tse||R. Japarow|
|N.H. Leung||A. Guychmyrat|
|N.H. Li||S. Soyunov|
|V. Nuñez||A. Bäşimow|
|T. N. Yue||M. Durdyyev|
|H. T. Lam||Ý. Gurbanow|
|Chun Lok Tan||T. Charyyev|
|C. M. Wu||A. Annadurdiev|
|M. Awal||R. Mingazow|
|M. E. W. K. C. Orr||E. Tagaýew|
|P.H. Poon||W. Ballakow|
5 H2H Latest Hong Kong – Turkmenistan
- September 06, 2016 – Hong Kong, China [Cancelled] Turkmenistan (Friendlies)
- November 18, 2007 – Turkmenistan [3 – 0] Hong Kong, China (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 10, 2007 – Hong Kong, China [0 – 0] Turkmenistan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Hong Kong – Last 5 Match Results
- September 07, 2023 – Cambodia [1 – 1] Hong Kong, China (Friendlies)
- September 11, 2023 – Hong Kong, China [10 – 0] Brunei (Friendlies)
- October 12, 2023 – Hong Kong, China [4 – 0] Bhutan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Bhutan [2 – 0] Hong Kong, China (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 16, 2023 – IR Iran [4 – 0] Hong Kong, China (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Turkmenistan – Last 5 Match Results
- June 14, 2023 – Turkmenistan [0 – 2] Uzbekistan (League)
- June 17, 2023 – Turkmenistan [0 – 2] Oman (League)
- September 08, 2023 – Indonesia [2 – 0] Turkmenistan (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – Bahrain [1 – 1] Turkmenistan (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Turkmenistan [1 – 3] Uzbekistan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)