The China national team match against the South Korea in 2e ronde of the AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Stadium, Shenzhen.
China will face South Korea in an important match in the second round of the 2023 World Cup qualifiers in the Asia zone on November 21 2023. This match will determine who will lead Group C, which also contains Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and China. Both teams currently have the same points, namely 3, but South Korea is ahead by a difference of 4 goals.
In head-to-head records, China and South Korea have met 12 times before, with South Korea winning 7 matches, China winning 2 matches, and 3 matches ending in draws. Their last meeting took place on July 20, 2022, where South Korea won 3-0 in a small tournament, EAFF E-1 Football Championship at Toyota Stadium, Japan.
China is performing quite well. After quite a long preparation for this qualifying match, China finally won their first match in World Cup qualifying against Thailand with a score of 1-2. China’s two goals were scored by Wu Lei and Wang Shangyuan.
Wu Lei has so far scored 4 goals in friendly matches and 1 goal in World Cup qualifying, followed by Lin Liangming (2 goals), Ba Din, Jiang Guangtai, and Ai Kesen, each of whom has scored 1 goal. Coach Aleksandar Jankovic certainly hopes to continue the impressive performance of his team and achieve victory in front of their own supporters.
On the other hand, South Korea are also in impressive form, having won their last four matches in World Cup qualifiers and friendlies. Jurgen Klinsmann’s strategy was able to make the squad play with a solid defense that they have not conceded a goal in the last five matches.
Meanwhile, the front line also appeared fierce, led by the team captain, Son Heung-min. The Tottenham Hotspur striker has scored many goals for South Korea, at least 3 goals in friendly matches and 1 goal when the Ginseng Country team won 5-0 over Singapore in the last match last Thursday.
With more impressive meeting history statistics of four consecutive wins, South Korea is considered to win at the Shenzhen Universiade Sports Center in Shenzhen, which is China’s home stadium.
However, this stadium has a capacity of 60,334 spectators, which will be filled by the majority of enthusiastic Chinese supporters. This moral support could have an impact on South Korea who also hope to get support from their fans who come from South Korea or live in China.
The China vs South Korea match will start at 13:00 local time, and can be watched via live streaming on viewers’ online TV screens. Don’t miss watching this match.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
China vs South Korea match at Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Stadium, Shenzhen can be watched live streaming. AFC World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 08:00 ET.
|Match||China vs. South Korea|
|Competition||AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Stadium, Shenzhen|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|China (3-5-2)||South Korea (4-1-4-1)|
|J. Yan||Kim Seung-Gyu|
|L.P. Zhang||Lee Ki-Je|
|S. Jiang||Y.W. Seol|
|Zhu Chenjie||Jung Seong-Hyun|
|B. Liu||Kim Min-Jae|
|X. Wu||Hwang In-Beom|
|N. Yennaris||H. Hwang|
|Wei Shihao||Lee Jae-Sung|
|L. Li||K. Lee|
|Wu Lei||H. Son|
|Tan Long||Cho Gue-Sung|
5 H2H Latest China – South Korea
- July 20, 2022 – China PR [0 – 3] South Korea (EAFF E-1 Football Championship)
- December 15, 2019 – South Korea [1 – 0] China PR (EAFF E-1 Football Championship)
- January 16, 2019 – South Korea [2 – 0] China PR (League)
- December 09, 2017 – South Korea [2 – 2] China PR (EAFF E-1 Football Championship)
- March 23, 2017 – China PR [1 – 0] South Korea (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
China – Last 5 Match Results
- September 09, 2023 – China PR [1 – 1] Malaysia (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – China PR [0 – 1] Syria (Friendlies)
- October 10, 2023 – China PR [2 – 0] Vietnam (Friendlies)
- October 16, 2023 – China PR [1 – 2] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Thailand [1 – 2] China PR (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
South Korea – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Wales [0 – 0] South Korea (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [0 – 1] South Korea (Friendlies)
- October 13, 2023 – South Korea [4 – 0] Tunisia (Friendlies)
- October 17, 2023 – South Korea [6 – 0] Vietnam (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – South Korea [5 – 0] Singapore (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)