The Liechtenstein national team match against the Portugal in Matchday 9 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Thursday, November 16, 2023 will be held at the Rheinpark Stadion Stadium, Vaduz.
This match at Rheinpark Stadium will not affect the position of the two teams in the standings, because Portugal has confirmed that they will qualify as winners of Group J, while Liechtenstein is still without points and is at the bottom of the standings in the qualifying round for Euro 2024.
However, this match still has its own appeal, especially for fans of Cristiano Ronaldo, who will try to add to his tally of goals for the national team. Ronaldo is the top scorer for Portugal with 127 goals from 203 appearances, including two goals in a 4-0 win over Liechtenstein in the first meeting of this qualifying round.
Ronaldo, who this season plays for Al-Nassr, a Saudi Arabian club, also became the first European player to score 100 international goals, and the most male international player of all time, surpassing the record of 109 goals held by Iran’s Ali Daei.
Ronaldo will have support from other stars in the Portuguese team, such as Joao Felix, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva and Ruben Dias. Coach Roberto Martinez also recalled Pepe, a 40 year old defender who is still appearing impressive with Porto. Portugal is the team with the best defense in this qualifying round, conceding only 3 goals in 8 matches, and keeping clean sheets in 6 matches.
On the other hand, Liechtenstein does not have much hope of achieving positive results in this match. This small team with a population of less than 40 thousand people is the team with the lowest goal productivity in this qualifying round, with only one goal scored by Yanik Frick in the 1-5 defeat to Bosnia-Herzegovina. Liechtenstein also has a fragile defense, conceding 25 goals from 8 matches, including 10 goals from 3 home matches.
Liechtenstein also does not have a good record against Portugal, having lost all 11 previous meetings, scoring 4 goals and conceding 58 goals. The last meeting between the two teams at the Rheinpark Stadium ended with a score of 0-7 to Portugal in October 2017, with Ronaldo scoring two goals and providing one assist.
With such a huge difference in quality between the two teams, it is not surprising that Portugal is favored by football fans. In fact, it is estimated that Portugal could end the match with a wide score. Ronaldo has the opportunity to score more goals internationally, competing closely with Lionel Messi from Argentina.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Liechtenstein vs Portugal match at Rheinpark Stadion Stadium, Vaduz can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 15:45 ET.
|Match||Liechtenstein vs. Portugal|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Rheinpark Stadion Stadium, Vaduz|
|Date||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Liechtenstein (5-4-1)||Portugal (3-5-2)|
|B Buchel||Rui Patricio|
|S Wolfinger||Antonio Silva|
|M Buchel||Bruno Fernandes|
5 H2H Latest Liechtenstein – Portugal
- March 24, 2023 – Portugal [4 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- August 13, 2009 – Liechtenstein [0 – 3] Portugal (Friendlies)
- October 09, 2005 – Portugal [2 – 1] Liechtenstein (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 10, 2004 – Liechtenstein [2 – 2] Portugal (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 10, 1999 – Portugal [8 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
Liechtenstein – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 1] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 09, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [2 – 1] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 12, 2023 – Slovakia [3 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 2] Bosnia-Herzegovina (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Iceland [4 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
Portugal – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Iceland [0 – 1] Portugal (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 09, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 1] Portugal (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 12, 2023 – Portugal [9 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Portugal [3 – 2] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [0 – 5] Portugal (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)