The Bulgaria national team match against the Hungary in Matchday 9 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Thursday, November 16, 2023 will be held at the Stadion Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia.
The meeting between Bulgaria and Hungary at the Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia will be an unequal match, because the two teams have different goals and motivations. Hungary will almost certainly qualify for the Euro 2024 finals if they get one point from the last two matches, while Bulgaria no longer has any hope of competing at the top of Group G.
Hungary had an impressive performance in this qualifying round, with 4 wins and 2 draws from 6 matches. They are only behind on goal difference from Germany, who also have 14 points, but are ahead in the number of goals. Hungary also has a solid defense, with only 4 goals conceded, the best in the group.
On the other hand, Bulgaria is the weakest team in the group, having never won and only getting 2 points from a draw. They only scored 3 goals and conceded 13 goals, the worst in the group. They also don’t have a star player who can make a difference.
In the last meeting between the two teams, in March 2023, Hungary won 3-0 at home, thanks to goals from Adam Szalai, Dominik Szoboszlai and Vecsei. These three players are still Hungary’s mainstay in attack, along with Roland Sallai and Nemanja Nikolic.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria does not have a player who scored more than one goal in this qualifying round. Their main striker, Ivelin Popov, has only scored one goal from a penalty. They also lost several players due to injury, such as Georgi Kostadinov and Kiril Despodov.
Thus, it is not difficult to predict the final outcome of this match. Hungary has everything to achieve victory and ensure a ticket to the finals in Germany. Bulgaria doesn’t have much to bet on, except pride and honor.
For your information, the referee who will officiate this match is Daniel Stefanski from Poland, who is known for being firm and often issuing cards. In the 420 matches he has officiated, he has issued 1715 yellow cards and 94 red cards. He also often points to the spot, with 123 penalties he awarded.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Bulgaria vs Hungary match at Stadion Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 13:00 ET.
|Match||Bulgaria vs. Hungary|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Stadion Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia|
|Date||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Bulgaria (3-4-3)||Hungary (3-4-2-1)|
5 H2H Latest Bulgaria – Hungary
- March 28, 2023 – Hungary [3 – 0] Bulgaria (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 09, 2020 – Bulgaria [1 – 3] Hungary (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- March 01, 2012 – Hungary [1 – 1] Bulgaria (Friendlies)
- October 08, 2005 – Bulgaria [2 – 0] Hungary (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- March 31, 2005 – Hungary [1 – 1] Bulgaria (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Bulgaria – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Bulgaria [1 – 1] Serbia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 07, 2023 – Bulgaria [0 – 1] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- September 10, 2023 – Montenegro [2 – 1] Bulgaria (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Bulgaria [0 – 2] Lithuania (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Albania [2 – 0] Bulgaria (Friendlies)
Hungary – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Hungary [2 – 0] Lithuania (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 08, 2023 – Serbia [1 – 2] Hungary (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 10, 2023 – Hungary [1 – 1] Czechia (Friendlies)
- October 15, 2023 – Hungary [2 – 1] Serbia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Lithuania [2 – 2] Hungary (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)