The Uzbekistan national team match against the Iran in 2e ronde of the AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the Milliy Stadion Stadium, Tashkent.
Uzbekistan came into this match with three consecutive wins, respectively over Turkmenistan 1-3, China (1-2), and Vietnam (0-2). The team coached by coach Vadim Abramov showed a solid and efficient performance, scoring seven goals and conceding two in three matches.
Uzbekistan also has mainstay strikers Eldor Shomurodov and Otabek Shukurov, who pose the biggest threat to the opponent’s defense. Shukurov has scored two goals in this competition, namely when he beat Turkmenistan in the last match. Uzbekistan will hope that Shukurov can continue his positive trend and help his team get full points at home.
Iran, on the other hand, appeared dominant and impressive in the World Cup qualifiers. The team coached by coach Dragan Skocic has won five matches, four friendlies and one of the first AFC World Cup qualifying matches with a total goal difference of 16-1.
Finally, Iran hit Hong Kong with a score of 4-0 last Thursday. Iran’s four goals were scored by 2 goals each from Azmoun, and 1 goal from Taremi and Rezaeian. Iran also has the right to be at the top of Group E, even though they have the same 3 points as Uzbekistan.
Iran also has a sharp attack line, with Sardar Azmoun as the spearhead. Azmoun has scored five goals in three World Cup qualifying matches, and is also Iran’s top scorer in the 2022 AFC Asian Cup with four goals. Azmoun will be a big challenge for the Uzbek defense, who will have to be careful with his pace and goal-scoring instincts.
Both teams have also booked their places in the 2024 AFC Asian Cup finals, which will take place in China in January. Uzbekistan is in Group C with Australia, India and Syria, while Iran is in Group D with the United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, China and Palestine. Both teams hope to perform well in the tournament and also compete for tickets to the 2026 FIFA World Cup in Canada, Mexico and the United States.
Based on the history of meetings, Iran is dominant with 9 wins from the last 11 meetings, and Uzbekistan has only won one win, namely in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers in November 2012. The rest, including the last 7 meetings, were won by Iran. Most recently, Iran won 0-1 in the CAFA Nations Cup tournament at Milliy Stadium, Tashkent.
This match will be a proving ground for both teams, who want to show that they are the best teams in Asia. Iran is projected to win this match, if you look at the performance and statistics of meetings between the two teams so far.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Uzbekistan vs Iran match at Milliy Stadion Stadium, Tashkent can be watched live streaming. AFC World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 09:00 ET.
|Match||Uzbekistan vs. Iran|
|Competition||AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||Milliy Stadion Stadium, Tashkent|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Uzbekistan (5-4-1)||Iran (4-3-3)|
|U. Yusupov||A. Beiranvand|
|K. Alijonov||R. Rezaeian|
|R. Ashurmatov||H. Kanaanizadegan|
|H. Aliqulov||S. Khalilzadeh|
|A. Khusanov||E. Hajisafi|
|F. Sayfiev||A. Jahanbakhsh|
|A. Turgunboev||S. Ezatolahi|
|O. Shukurov||S. Ghoddos|
|O. Hamrobekov||M. Taremi|
|O. Urunov||S. Azmoun|
|E. Shomurodov||M. Mohebi|
5 H2H Latest Uzbekistan – Iran
- June 20, 2023 – Uzbekistan [0 – 1] IR Iran (League)
- October 08, 2020 – Uzbekistan [1 – 2] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- September 11, 2018 – Uzbekistan [0 – 1] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- May 19, 2018 – IR Iran [1 – 0] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- June 12, 2017 – IR Iran [2 – 0] Uzbekistan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Uzbekistan – Last 5 Match Results
- September 10, 2023 – United States [3 – 0] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- September 13, 2023 – Mexico [3 – 3] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- October 13, 2023 – Vietnam [0 – 2] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- October 16, 2023 – China PR [1 – 2] Uzbekistan (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Turkmenistan [1 – 3] Uzbekistan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Iran – Last 5 Match Results
- September 07, 2023 – Bulgaria [0 – 1] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – IR Iran [4 – 0] Angola (Friendlies)
- October 14, 2023 – Jordan [1 – 3] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- October 18, 2023 – Qatar [0 – 4] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – IR Iran [4 – 0] Hong Kong, China (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)