The Colombia national team match against the Brazil in 5e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Thursday, November 16, 2023 will be held at the Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez Stadium, Barranquilla.
Two giant South American teams, namely Brazil and Colombia, will clash in the 5th match of the 2026 World Cup qualifying round for South America at the Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez, Barranquilla, home of the host team Colombia.
Brazil comes into this match with the status of undefeated league leaders. Selecao has collected 27 points from 9 matches, achieving 26 goals and conceding only 4 goals. They have also guaranteed at least a place in the playoffs, and if they win on Thursday, and Uruguay fail to win in their match, they will book a ticket to Qatar with six games remaining.
However, Brazil must not be careless because Colombia is not an easy opponent to face. Los Cafeteros are currently in fifth position with 14 points from 10 matches, only two points away from the automatic qualifying zone. They have also never lost at home in this World Cup qualifier, with a record of two wins and three draws.
The last meeting between the two teams ended with a score of 0-0 in Barranquilla in October 2021. The match was fierce and exciting, with both teams trading attacks. However, no goals were scored because the goalkeepers of both teams performed brilliantly.
Brazil will lose their star Neymar. The Al-Hilal player suffered a serious injury against Uruguay in the previous match. Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus is also doubtful due to a hamstring problem. Coach Tite is likely to install Lucas Paqueta as a replacement for Neymar, and Gabriel Barbosa as the spearhead of the attack. At the back, Alisson will return as the main goalkeeper after Ederson was absent due to injury.
Meanwhile, Colombia has full strength to face Brazil. Coach Reinaldo Rueda will rely on Luis Diaz, who just scored the winning goal for Liverpool against Manchester City in the Premier League, as their main weapon. He will be supported by Duvan Zapata, Juan Cuadrado and James Rodriguez in attack. In defense, Yerry Mina and Davinson Sanchez will be the mainstay central defenders, with Camilo Vargas as goalkeeper.
Brazil are favorites to win this match, considering their excellent record in World Cup qualifying. They also have squad depth that can cope with Neymar’s absence. However, Colombia will not just give up, and will try to take advantage of the advantage of playing at home.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Colombia vs Brazil match at Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez Stadium, Barranquilla can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 5e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 20:00 ET.
|Match||Colombia vs. Brazil|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||5e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez Stadium, Barranquilla|
|Date||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Colombia (4-2-3-1)||Brazil (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Colombia – Brazil
- November 12, 2021 – Brazil [1 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 11, 2021 – Colombia [0 – 0] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 24, 2021 – Brazil [2 – 1] Colombia (League)
- September 07, 2019 – Brazil [2 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- September 06, 2017 – Colombia [1 – 1] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Colombia – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Germany [0 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Chile [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Colombia [2 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Ecuador [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Brazil – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Brazil [2 – 4] Senegal (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Brazil [5 – 1] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Peru [0 – 1] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Brazil [1 – 1] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Uruguay [2 – 0] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)