The Venezuela national team match against the Ecuador in 5e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Thursday, November 16, 2023 will be held at the Estadio Monumental de Maturín Stadium, Maturín.
The two teams are currently in third and fourth positions in the 2026 World Cup qualifying standings in the Conmebol zone with seven points, but Ecuador has a better goal difference.
Venezuela is the most surprising team at the start of this qualifier. They managed to get seven points from the first four matches, including a draw against Brazil and a landslide victory over Chile. They have also lost only once in the last 11 matches in all competitions.
However, Venezuela is also facing several problems, especially due to the corona virus outbreak that has attacked their squad. They had to call up 15 additional players to replace those who were positively infected, including several key players such as Salomon Rondon, Josef Martinez and Roberto Rosales. They also haven’t won in their last two home matches in World Cup qualifying.
Meanwhile, Ecuador also has a fairly good performance with seven points from four matches, but they were sanctioned with a three-point deduction by FIFA due to an incident in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers. They won over Uruguay and Bolivia, and drew with Colombia.
Ecuador has star players such as Enner Valencia, who has scored 31 goals in 58 appearances for the national team. He scored twice in a 3-0 win over Bolivia last Friday. They also have talented young midfielder Moises Caicedo, who plays for Brighton & Hove Albion.
Venezuela and Ecuador have a fairly balanced meeting record. In the previous 18 matches, Venezuela won five times, Ecuador won nine times, and drew four times. The last three meetings between the two teams ended in a draw.
This match will be a test for both teams to show their ambitions in fighting for tickets to the 2026 World Cup. Venezuela will try to maintain their positive trend, while Ecuador will try to achieve their first away win in more than four years.
In general, the performance of the two national teams is quite balanced. It seems that the match at the Estadio Monumental de Maturín, Venezuela’s headquarters in the continuation of the 2026 World Cup qualifiers in the South American zone, will end in a draw.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Venezuela vs Ecuador match at Estadio Monumental de Maturín Stadium, Maturín can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 5e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 18:00 ET.
|Match||Venezuela vs. Ecuador|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||5e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Monumental de Maturín Stadium, Maturín|
|Date||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Venezuela (4-3-3)||Ecuador (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Venezuela – Ecuador
- November 12, 2021 – Ecuador [1 – 0] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 11, 2021 – Venezuela [2 – 1] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 21, 2021 – Venezuela [2 – 2] Ecuador (League)
- June 02, 2019 – Venezuela [1 – 1] Ecuador (Friendlies)
- June 09, 2017 – Ecuador [1 – 1] Venezuela (Friendlies)
Venezuela – Last 5 Match Results
- June 19, 2023 – Venezuela [1 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Venezuela [1 – 0] Paraguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Brazil [1 – 1] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Venezuela [3 – 0] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Ecuador – Last 5 Match Results
- June 21, 2023 – Ecuador [3 – 1] Costa Rica (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Bolivia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Ecuador [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)