The Bolivia national team match against the Peru in 5e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Thursday, November 16, 2023 will be held at the Estadio Hernando Siles Stadium, La Paz.
Both teams are currently at the bottom of the standings, with Bolivia with no points at all and Peru having just one point. This match will be an opportunity for both teams to try to recover and improve their position in a very competitive group in the 2026 World Cup qualifying round for the South American zone.
Peru is the more favored team than Bolivia in this match, as it is considered to have a higher FIFA ranking (#26 vs #85) and has a better history of achievements on the international stage. Peru managed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, after beating New Zealand in the playoffs.
Peru also reached the semifinals of the 2019 and 2021 Copa America, which is the oldest football tournament in the world. In the 2019 Copa America, Peru even managed to get rid of defending champion Chile and advance to the final, even though they lost 0-3 to Brazil.
However, Peru is in poor form in this qualifying round, having only got one point from four matches and has not scored any goals. Peru drew 0-0 with Uruguay in their opening match, then lost 0-2 to Brazil, 0-1 to Venezuela and 0-3 to Paraguay.
Peru coach, Juan Reynoso, admitted that his team was experiencing problems on the front lines, and hoped that his players could quickly find their confidence and sharpness. Reynoso also said that his team should not underestimate Bolivia, even though they are in last place. Reynoso said that Bolivia is a dangerous team, especially at home, and Peru must play with high focus and intensity to achieve positive results.
Bolivia also did not have satisfactory results in this qualifying round, losing all four matches and scoring only two goals. Bolivia lost 0-3 to Argentina, 1-2 to Ecuador, 1-5 to Brazil and 0-1 to Paraguay.
For this reason, Bolivia has just replaced their coach with Antonio Carlos Zago, who once coached Bolivia’s biggest club, Bolívar, and brought them to the league title in 2022. Zago said that he wanted to bring positive changes to the Bolivian national team, and hoped that his players can adapt to the playing style he wants.
For this match, Bolivia has the advantage of playing at their home ground, which is located at an altitude of more than 3,500 meters above sea level, which makes it difficult for the visiting team to adapt to the thin air conditions. Bolivia have lost only once to Peru on home soil in their last seven World Cup qualifying meetings since the 21st century, with four wins and two draws.
Based on all the information above, Peru is considered to have better quality and experience, but Bolivia has home advantage and new enthusiasm under a new coach. Bolivia has the opportunity to win three points because it has the advantage of playing as host at the Estadio Hernando Siles, La Paz.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Bolivia vs Peru match at Estadio Hernando Siles Stadium, La Paz can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 5e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 16:00 ET.
|Match||Bolivia vs. Peru|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||5e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Hernando Siles Stadium, La Paz|
|Date||Thursday, November 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Bolivia (5-3-2)||Peru (4-4-1-1)|
5 H2H Latest Bolivia – Peru
- November 20, 2022 – Peru [1 – 0] Bolivia (Friendlies)
- November 12, 2021 – Peru [3 – 0] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 11, 2021 – Bolivia [1 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 19, 2019 – Bolivia [1 – 3] Peru (League)
- September 01, 2017 – Peru [2 – 1] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Bolivia – Last 5 Match Results
- August 28, 2023 – Bolivia [1 – 2] Panama (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Brazil [5 – 1] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Bolivia [0 – 3] Argentina (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Bolivia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Paraguay [1 – 0] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Peru – Last 5 Match Results
- June 20, 2023 – Japan [4 – 1] Peru (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Paraguay [0 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Peru [0 – 1] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Chile [2 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Peru [0 – 2] Argentina (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)