The Peru national team will face the Argentina national team in 4e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Live streaming of Peru vs Argentina, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Peru is in an unenviable condition. Of the last four matches in all competitions, they have never won and have suffered three defeats. In the last two matches in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers in the South American zone, Peru was unable to score a goal against their opponent.
Peru is now in sixth place with only one point collected from three matches. They are eight points behind Argentina who leads the standings. If they want to maintain their hopes of qualifying for the finals, Peru must immediately get up and win.
However, this will not be easy to do considering that the opponent they will face is Argentina, a team that has a good record against them. Of the 17 previous meetings with Argentina, Peru only won once and lost 12 times.
Moreover, Argentina is in very good performance. With a narrow victory over Paraguay on 13/10, the world champions have extended their winning streak (including penalty shootouts) to 13. Interestingly, in the last six matches, the Tango team has not conceded a single goal.
Argentina now tops the standings with nine points from three matches. They are two points ahead of Brazil who are in second place. If they can beat Peru, Argentina will be stronger at the top and away from being pursued by its rivals.
Argentina is also supported by a very favorable history. They always dominate Peru both at home and away. In the last five meetings, Argentina won four times and drew once. In Lima, Argentina have won three and drawn two of the last five visits.
One of the factors that makes Argentina optimistic about winning is Lionel Messi’s return after injury. The Barcelona and PSG star managed to dispel doubts about his physical condition by coming on for Julian Alvarez from the 53rd minute in the match against Paraguay.
With Messi’s presence, Argentina created many opportunities but unfortunately could only score one goal. Messi himself has a good record against Peru with seven goals and five assists from 11 previous meetings.
Even though it was tough, Peru certainly didn’t want to disappoint its supporters at home by losing badly to Argentina. They will try hard to steal points from the visiting team. However, Argentina has a big advantage over Peru both in terms of performance and meeting history. With Messi back fit and the Tango team not conceding in the last six matches, Argentina is expected to maintain top position with a win over Peru.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Peru vs Argentina match at Estadio Nacional de Lima Stadium, Lima can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 4e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 22:00 ET.
|Match||Peru vs. Argentina|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||4e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Nacional de Lima Stadium, Lima|
|Date||Tuesday, October 17, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Peru vs Argentina matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Peru (4-2-3-1)||Argentina (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Peru – Argentina
- October 15, 2021 – Argentina [1 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 18, 2020 – Peru [0 – 2] Argentina (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 06, 2017 – Argentina [0 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 07, 2016 – Peru [2 – 2] Argentina (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2013 – Argentina [3 – 1] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Peru – Last 5 Match Results
- June 16, 2023 – South Korea [0 – 1] Peru (Friendlies)
- June 20, 2023 – Japan [4 – 1] Peru (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Paraguay [0 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Peru [0 – 1] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Chile [2 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Argentina – Last 5 Match Results
- June 15, 2023 – Argentina [2 – 0] Australia (Friendlies)
- June 19, 2023 – Indonesia [0 – 2] Argentina (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Bolivia [0 – 3] Argentina (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Paraguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)