The Ajax team will challenge the Feyenoord team in a Matchday 6 Dutch Eredivisie in Johan Cruijff Arena Stadium, Amsterdam on Sunday, September 24, 2023. For streaming coverage of Ajax vs Feyenoord, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
The most eagerly awaited Eredivisie match will take place on Sunday morning, when Ajax host defending champions and eternal rivals, Feyenoord at the Johan Cruyff Arena.
Ajax have not won in the league since their 4-1 win over Heracles in their season opener. Last week, they lost 3-1 at home to Twente, who had a two-goal lead in the first 11 minutes. Brian Brobbey closed the gap to one goal in the 35th minute but Naci Ünüvar scored in the second half to restore Twente’s two-goal lead.
Feyenoord have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the season in the league and enter their first De Klassieker of the season on the back of four straight wins in all competitions. Last week, they picked up a 6-1 win over Heerenveen in the Eredivisie and continued their winning streak in the UEFA Champions League, with a 2-0 win over Scottish champions Celtic. Calvin Stengs and Alireza Jahanbakhsh scored as they beat Celtic, who were reduced to nine men from the 68th minute.
The two teams will meet for the 204th time in all competitions on Sunday. Ajax has an advantage over Feyenoord with 93 wins. Feyenoord has 61 wins and 49 matches ended in a draw.
Feyenoord are unbeaten in their two Eredivisie meetings against Ajax and picked up a 3-2 win at home in March. Ajax avenged that defeat with a 3-1 win at home in the KNVB Cup semi-finals in April.
Ajax have struggled to start the season, with just two wins in seven games in all competitions. They failed to score in two games in that period and conceded three goals each in their last two games.
In contrast, Feyenoord have gone from strength to strength this season and, after drawing the first two games, have won four games in a row. They scored 19 goals while conceding only three times in that period.
Ajax will be without long-term injuries to Gerónimo Rulli and Ahmetcan Kaplan. Steven Berghuis, who scored his first goal of the season in a 3-3 draw against Marseille in the UEFA Europa League, will be the mainstay for the home team. Meanwhile, Feyenoord is still without Justin Bijlow, Bart Nieuwkoop, Luka Ivanusec and the injured Ayase Ueda.
Considering Ajax’s defensive problems, and Feyenoord’s productive performance this season, the visitors are expected to take home the three points and add to their accumulated points tally in the Dutch premier league standings.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Ajax vs Feyenoord match at Johan Cruijff Arena Stadium, Amsterdam can be watched live streaming. Eredivisie 2023/2024 Matchday 6 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 08:30 ET.
|Match||AFC Ajax vs. Feyenoord Rotterdam|
|Match day||Matchday 6|
|Venue||Johan Cruijff Arena Stadium, Amsterdam|
|Date||Sunday, September 24, 2023|
See also info regarding other Ajax vs Feyenoord matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Ajax (4-2-3-1)||Feyenoord (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Ajax – Feyenoord
- April 06, 2023 – Feyenoord [1 – 2] AFC Ajax (League)
- March 19, 2023 – AFC Ajax [2 – 3] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- January 22, 2023 – Feyenoord [1 – 1] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
- March 20, 2022 – AFC Ajax [3 – 2] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- December 19, 2021 – Feyenoord [0 – 2] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
Ajax – Last 5 Match Results
- August 25, 2023 – Ludogorets [1 – 4] AFC Ajax (UEFA Europa League)
- September 01, 2023 – AFC Ajax [0 – 1] Ludogorets (UEFA Europa League)
- September 03, 2023 – Fortuna Sittard [0 – 0] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
- September 17, 2023 – FC Twente [3 – 1] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
- September 22, 2023 – AFC Ajax [3 – 3] Olympique-Marseille (UEFA Europa League)
Feyenoord – Last 5 Match Results
- August 20, 2023 – Sparta Rotterdam [2 – 2] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- August 27, 2023 – Feyenoord [6 – 1] Almere City (Eredivisie)
- September 03, 2023 – Utrecht [1 – 5] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- September 16, 2023 – Feyenoord [6 – 1] Heerenveen (Eredivisie)
- September 20, 2023 – Feyenoord [2 – 0] Celtic (UEFA Champions League)