The Barcelona team will challenge the Celta Vigo team in a Matchday 6 Spanish La Liga in Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys Stadium, Barcelona on Saturday, September 23, 2023. For streaming coverage of Barcelona vs Celta Vigo, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Barcelona will host Celta Vigo at Camp Nou at home in the 6th week of La Liga 2023/24 on Saturday 23/9 afternoon. This is a match that is expected to be fierce and interesting, because both teams have an attacking and attractive playing style.
Barca is in very good form. The team from Catalonia won all their last 5 matches in all competitions. Among them, in the last 2 wins, they destroyed their opponents with a score of 5-0 without conceding. In La Liga, they are in second place with 13 points, only behind on goal difference from Real Madrid who lead the standings.
One of the main factors that makes Barcelona so powerful is the extraordinary performance of Robert Lewandowski. The Polish striker has scored 10 goals in his last 5 matches, including 2 hat-tricks. He also became the first player to score 5 goals in one Champions League match when Barcelona beat Antwerp last week.
Meanwhile, Celta Vigo is not at their best. Opponents of coach Xavi’s team only won 1 of their last 5 matches in La Liga, the rest drew 1 and lost 3. In the last round, coach Rafa Benitez’s troops had to suffer a 0-1 defeat at home to Mallorca.
Celta Vigo also looks weak when playing away from home. In their last 8 trips, they only achieved 1 win, the remaining 2 draws and lost up to 5 matches. Not to mention that in the last 2 visits to Camp Nou, Celta Vigo also had to taste defeat.
In this duel, Barcelona also has the advantage of playing at home. Statistics show that in the last 8 matches at Camp Nou, they won 7 matches. What’s interesting is that in all 7 wins, Barcelona never conceded a goal.
In terms of team strength, Barcelona cannot field two players due to injury, namely midfielder Pedri and defender Ronald Araujo. However, the team from Catalonia still has a very strong and experienced squad. Coach Xavi will likely use the 4-3-3 formation he usually uses.
Thus, Barcelona has every reason to be confident of being able to get 3 points in this match. They also want to continue to put pressure on Real Madrid, who is leading the standings. Meanwhile, Celta Vigo must try hard to avoid a heavy defeat and improve their position at the bottom of the table.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Barcelona vs Celta Vigo match at Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys Stadium, Barcelona can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2023/2024 Matchday 6 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 12:30 ET.
|Match||FC Barcelona vs. Celta Vigo|
|Competition||2023/2024 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 6|
|Venue||Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys Stadium, Barcelona|
|Date||Saturday, September 23, 2023|
See also info regarding other Barcelona vs Celta Vigo matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Barcelona (4-3-3)||Celta Vigo (3-4-3)|
|F de Jong||De la Torre|
5 H2H Latest Barcelona – Celta Vigo
- June 05, 2023 – Celta Vigo [2 – 1] Barcelona (La Liga)
- October 10, 2022 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- May 11, 2022 – Barcelona [3 – 1] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- November 06, 2021 – Celta Vigo [3 – 3] Barcelona (La Liga)
- May 16, 2021 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
Barcelona – Last 5 Match Results
- August 21, 2023 – Barcelona [2 – 0] Cadiz (La Liga)
- August 27, 2023 – Villarreal [3 – 4] Barcelona (La Liga)
- September 04, 2023 – Osasuna [1 – 2] Barcelona (La Liga)
- September 17, 2023 – Barcelona [5 – 0] Betis (La Liga)
- September 20, 2023 – Barcelona [5 – 0] Antwerp (UEFA Champions League)
Celta Vigo – Last 5 Match Results
- August 13, 2023 – Celta Vigo [0 – 2] Osasuna (La Liga)
- August 19, 2023 – Sociedad [1 – 1] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- August 26, 2023 – Celta Vigo [0 – 1] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- September 02, 2023 – Almeria [2 – 3] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- September 16, 2023 – Celta Vigo [0 – 1] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)