The Arsenal team will challenge the PSV Eindhoven team in a 1e ronde UEFA Champions League in Emirates Stadium Stadium, London on Wednesday, September 20, 2023. For streaming coverage of Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Arsenal and PSV will face each other in the opening match of Group B of the Champions League on Wednesday (20/9) midday. Both teams have big ambitions to show their class in the most prestigious competition in Europe. Who will emerge victorious at Emirates Stadium?
Arsenal returned to the Champions League after a 6 year absence. They have spent a lot of money to strengthen their squad this summer. As a result, they appeared quite impressive by achieving 4 wins and 1 draw from 5 matches in the Premier League. In the last match, they narrowly won 1-0 over Everton thanks to a single goal from Gabriel Jesus.
PSV also doesn’t want to lose. They are in very good form in the domestic league, the Dutch Eredivisie. They won all the first 4 matches, scored 13 goals and conceded only 1. Apart from that, they also won the Dutch Super Cup and beat Rangers to qualify for the Champions League group stage. This is a tough team and it will not be easy for Arsenal to get full points.
In terms of personnel, Arsenal cannot play Thomas Partey, Jurrien Timber, Mohamed Elneny and Gabriel Martinelli due to injury. Aaron Ramsdale and Gabriel Jesus will get the opportunity to play instead of David Raya and Eddie Nketiah.
Meanwhile, PSV will most likely be without Noa Lang, their main striker who has health problems. If Lang is not fit, Hirving Lozano will fill his position. Apart from that, PSV was also without Armando Obispo, Fredrik Oppegard and Mauro Junior.
With various existing factors, Arsenal are expected to still dominate the game with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Ramsdale in goal. However, the strength of ‘The Gunners’ may not be able to easily overcome PSV, which is expected to appear with a 4-3-3 formation with Madueke, Lozano and Zahavi as the attacking trio.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven match at Emirates Stadium Stadium, London can be watched live streaming. UEFA Champions League 2023/2024 1e ronde match broadcast on CBS Sports or Paramount+ starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Arsenal vs. PSV Eindhoven|
|Competition||2023/2024 UEFA Champions League|
|Match day||1e ronde|
|Venue||Emirates Stadium Stadium, London|
|Date||Wednesday, September 20, 2023|
|Official TV||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
|Streaming Link||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
See also info regarding other Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Arsenal (4-3-3)||PSV Eindhoven (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Arsenal – PSV Eindhoven
- October 27, 2022 – PSV Eindhoven [2 – 0] Arsenal (UEFA Europa League)
- October 21, 2022 – Arsenal [1 – 0] PSV Eindhoven (UEFA Europa League)
- March 08, 2007 – Arsenal [1 – 1] PSV Eindhoven (UEFA Champions League)
- February 21, 2007 – PSV Eindhoven [1 – 0] Arsenal (UEFA Champions League)
- November 24, 2004 – PSV Eindhoven [1 – 1] Arsenal (UEFA Champions League)
Arsenal – Last 5 Match Results
- August 12, 2023 – Arsenal [2 – 1] Nottingham (EPL)
- August 22, 2023 – Crystal Palace [0 – 1] Arsenal (EPL)
- August 26, 2023 – Arsenal [2 – 2] Fulham (EPL)
- September 03, 2023 – Arsenal [3 – 1] Manchester United (EPL)
- September 17, 2023 – Everton [0 – 1] Arsenal (EPL)
PSV Eindhoven – Last 5 Match Results
- August 19, 2023 – Vitesse [1 – 3] PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie)
- August 23, 2023 – Rangers [2 – 2] PSV Eindhoven (UEFA Champions League)
- August 31, 2023 – PSV Eindhoven [5 – 1] Rangers (UEFA Champions League)
- September 03, 2023 – RKC Waalwijk [0 – 4] PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie)
- September 17, 2023 – PSV Eindhoven [4 – 0] NEC Nijmegen (Eredivisie)