The Wolverhampton team will challenge the Liverpool team in a Matchday 5 Premier League in Molineux Stadium Stadium, West Midlands on Saturday, September 16, 2023. For streaming coverage of Wolves vs Liverpool, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
The match between Wolves and Liverpool will be the opening match of the fifth week of the 2023/24 Premier League. This match will take place on Saturday morning, September 16 at the Molineux stadium, the place where Liverpool once lost badly 0-3 in February 2023. However, that is the past, and Liverpool have learned from that failure.
Liverpool is showing extraordinary form after a disappointing previous season. They are unbeaten in the first four matches, with three wins and one draw. They have also scored 11 goals, the most in the league.
Liverpool’s game was varied and effective, with quick and accurate attacks from set pieces, short passes to control the ball and escape pressure, and a willingness to shoot from distance when necessary.
Liverpool also has a big advantage in the meeting record with Wolves. In the last 11 times they met in all competitions, Liverpool won nine, drew one and lost only once. They also managed to keep their goal clean in seven of their matches, while scoring up to 19 goals.
Wolves, on the other hand, are struggling to find their best form. They have just one win in their first four games, and have conceded eight goals. Their attacks are quite less creative and predictable.
Wolves mostly relied on attacks from the left wing and applied pressure by sending cross balls into the penalty box. However, if they fail to trap offside, they are very vulnerable to leaving empty space behind.
The team based in the city of Wolverhampton also has many problems with team strength. Defensive midfielder Joe Hodge is at risk of not being able to recover from injury to play. Even though they still have several quality names such as Matheus Cunha, Pedro Neto or Pablo Sarabia, but can they beat Liverpool’s power?
Liverpool also doesn’t have the strongest team. They lost centre-back Virgil van Dijk due to suspension, as well as Ibrahima Konate and Trent Alexander-Arnold due to injury. Thiago Alcântara is also not certain to be able to play. However, coach Jurgen Klopp has a lot of experience in organizing defenses and adjusting the midfield to maintain stability.
For the reasons above, it is estimated that Liverpool will win over Wolves in this match. ‘The Reds’ will look to continue their unbeaten streak and confirm their position in the Premier League.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Wolverhampton vs Liverpool match at Molineux Stadium Stadium, West Midlands can be watched live streaming. Premier League 2023/2024 Matchday 5 match broadcast on Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV starting 07:30 ET.
|Match||Wolverhampton vs. Liverpool|
|Competition||2023/2024 Premier League|
|Match day||Matchday 5|
|Venue||Molineux Stadium Stadium, West Midlands|
|Date||Saturday, September 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
|Streaming Link||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
See also info regarding other Wolves vs Liverpool matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Wolverhampton (4-4-2)||Liverpool (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Wolverhampton – Liverpool
- March 02, 2023 – Liverpool [2 – 0] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- February 04, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [3 – 0] Liverpool (EPL)
- January 18, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [0 – 1] Liverpool (FA Cup)
- January 08, 2023 – Liverpool [2 – 2] Wolverhampton Wanderers (FA Cup)
- May 22, 2022 – Liverpool [3 – 1] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
Wolverhampton – Last 5 Match Results
- August 15, 2023 – Manchester United [1 – 0] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- August 19, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [1 – 4] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- August 26, 2023 – Everton [0 – 1] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- August 30, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [5 – 0] Blackpool (League Cup)
- September 03, 2023 – Crystal Palace [3 – 2] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
Liverpool – Last 5 Match Results
- August 08, 2023 – Liverpool [3 – 1] Darmstadt (Club Friendlies)
- August 13, 2023 – Chelsea [1 – 1] Liverpool (EPL)
- August 19, 2023 – Liverpool [3 – 1] AFC Bournemouth (EPL)
- August 27, 2023 – Newcastle United [1 – 2] Liverpool (EPL)
- September 03, 2023 – Liverpool [3 – 0] Aston Villa (EPL)