The Ecuador national team will face the Uruguay national team in 2e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, September 12, 2023. Live streaming of Ecuador vs Uruguay, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Ecuador will host Uruguay at the Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado on Tuesday (midweek) for the 2023 World Cup South American zone qualifiers. The two teams are in different positions in the standings, with Uruguay in second with 18 points, while Ecuador is seventh with 12 points.
Ecuador come into this match having lost 1-0 to Argentina in their last game. A second-half goal from Inter Miami star Lionel Messi ensured victory for Argentina. The defeat leaves Ecuador without a win in their last five matches in all competitions.
Ecuador has some very talented football players, but the focus should be on midfielder Moises Caicedo. The 21-year-old was involved in the biggest transfer saga of the summer, with Chelsea eventually signing him for a whopping €116 million from Brighton & Hove Albion. Caicedo has had an underwhelming start to his career at Chelsea, but no one doubts his talent and potential.
Another Ecuadorian left-back who played well at Brighton & Hove Albion is Pervis Estupinan. The 25-year-old has enjoyed a superb start to the season, and it would not be a surprise if he left the Seagulls for a huge transfer fee, and Chelsea were involved in some form.
Uruguay, on the other hand, beat Chile 3-1 in their last match. Two goals from River Plate midfielder Nicolas de la Cruz and one goal from Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde secured victory for Uruguay. Athletico Paranaense midfielder Arturo Vidal scored for Chile. The victory saw Uruguay extend their unbeaten run to six matches in all competitions.
Uruguay has started a new adventure under Marcelo Bielsa. Given Uruguay’s talent, Bielsa appears to be the right choice to take this team forward; Darwin Nunez and Facundo Pellistri are talented strikers, while they have a strong core in the form of Ronald Araujo, Federico Valverde and Manuel Ugarte. Araujo is not part of the current squad, though.
Uruguayan striker Darwin Nunez has recorded three goal contributions in one league game as a starter for Liverpool. Uruguayan midfielder Manuel Ugarte has one assist in four league games as a starter for Paris Saint-Germain this season.
Talking about the history of meetings, in 50 direct meetings between the two teams, Uruguay won 32 times, lost seven times and drew 11 times. The last meeting between the two teams took place in November 2020, when Uruguay won 4-2 over Ecuador in Montevideo. Two goals from Luis Suarez and one goal each from Edinson Cavani and Darwin Nunez gave the hosts victory. Michael Estrada and Angel Mena scored for the visitors.
With the various factors above, even though both teams have quality players who can make a difference on the field, Uruguay seems to have the advantage in terms of experience, performance and confidence. Uruguay is expected to win three points in this match.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Ecuador vs Uruguay match at Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 17:00 ET.
|Match||Ecuador vs. Uruguay|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito|
|Date||Tuesday, September 12, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Ecuador vs Uruguay matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Ecuador (4-4-2)||Uruguay (-)|
|Caicedo||De la Cruz|
5 H2H Latest Ecuador – Uruguay
- September 10, 2021 – Uruguay [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2020 – Ecuador [4 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 17, 2019 – Uruguay [4 – 0] Ecuador (League)
- November 11, 2016 – Uruguay [2 – 1] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 13, 2015 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Ecuador – Last 5 Match Results
- March 24, 2023 – Australia [3 – 1] Ecuador (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Australia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Friendlies)
- June 18, 2023 – Ecuador [1 – 0] Bolivia (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Ecuador [3 – 1] Costa Rica (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Uruguay – Last 5 Match Results
- March 24, 2023 – Japan [1 – 1] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – South Korea [1 – 2] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- June 15, 2023 – Uruguay [4 – 1] Nicaragua (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Uruguay [2 – 0] Cuba (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Uruguay [3 – 1] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)