The Saudi Arabia team will challenge the South Korea team in a Friendly Match FIFA Matchday in St. James’ Park Stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne on Tuesday, September 12, 2023. For streaming coverage of Saudi Arabia vs South Korea, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Two teams in need of a win will face each other in a friendly match held for FIFA Matchday between South Korea and Saudi Arabia in St. Petersburg. James’ Park on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at noon. The Taegeuk Warriors team and the Falcons team both want to end their series of bad results before facing the upcoming AFC Asian Cup tournament in January.
South Korea could not show their best performance when they were held to a goalless draw by Wales in their meeting last Thursday. Jurgen Klinsmann’s team is now winless in the last six matches in all competitions, with three defeats and three draws in that period.
South Korea’s last win came in the final match of the 2022 World Cup group stage when they shocked Portugal with a 2-1 win. However, since then, Son Heung-min et al have not been able to score in the next four matches, including two defeats to Brazil and Argentina.
Meanwhile, new manager Roberto Mancini failed to turn Saudi Arabia around when his team lost 3-1 to Costa Rica last Friday. The Falcons have now lost their last five games in all competitions, a run that saw them crash out of the Gold Cup in the group stages back in January.
Mancini, who was only appointed as coach of the Saudi Arabian national team in August, is still looking for his first win with his team. He also has to improve his team’s defense, which has conceded 11 goals in the last five matches.
The results of this meeting were very balanced, with South Korea and Saudi Arabia both achieving six wins from the previous 18 meetings. However, Klinsmann’s team is currently on a five-game unbeaten streak against the Falcons, with two wins and three draws since losing 1-0 in August 2015.
Saudi Arabia has never won at home to South Korea in seven previous visits, with four defeats and three draws. Their last win over South Korea came in Riyadh in 2015, thanks to a single goal from Nawaf Al Abed.
Tuesday’s match provides an opportunity for South Korea and Saudi Arabia to boost their confidence ahead of the AFC Asian Cup. With the latest conditions and performance, it is estimated that the final result of the match will end in a draw.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Saudi Arabia vs South Korea match at St. James’ Park Stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne can be watched live streaming. Friendlies 2023 Friendly Match match broadcast on beIN SPORTS en Español starting 12:30 ET.
|Match||Saudi Arabia vs. South Korea|
|Competition||FIFA Matchday (2023)|
|Match day||Friendly Match|
|Venue||St. James’ Park Stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Date||Tuesday, September 12, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN SPORTS en Español|
|Streaming Link||beIN SPORTS en Español|
See also info regarding other Saudi Arabia vs South Korea matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Saudi Arabia (4-3-3)||South Korea (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Saudi Arabia – South Korea
- December 31, 2018 – South Korea [0 – 0] Saudi Arabia (Friendlies)
- January 04, 2015 – Saudi Arabia [0 – 2] South Korea (Friendlies)
- June 10, 2009 – South Korea [0 – 0] Saudi Arabia (League)
- November 19, 2008 – Saudi Arabia [0 – 2] South Korea (League)
- July 11, 2007 – South Korea [1 – 1] Saudi Arabia (League)
Saudi Arabia – Last 5 Match Results
- January 09, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [0 – 2] Iraq (League)
- January 12, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 2] Oman (League)
- March 25, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 2] Venezuela (Friendlies)
- March 29, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 2] Bolivia (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 3] Costa Rica (Friendlies)
South Korea – Last 5 Match Results
- March 24, 2023 – South Korea [2 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – South Korea [1 – 2] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- June 16, 2023 – South Korea [0 – 1] Peru (Friendlies)
- June 20, 2023 – South Korea [1 – 1] El Salvador (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Wales [0 – 0] South Korea (Friendlies)