The Georgia national team will face the Spain national team in 5e ronde of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Friday, September 08, 2023. Live streaming of Georgia vs Spain, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Georgia will host Spain at the Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena on Thursday (8/9) morning in the fifth round of EURO 2024 Qualification. This is an important match for both teams, especially for Spain who is struggling to catch up in Group A standings.
Currently, in Group A standings, there is a surprise when Scotland is at the top of the standings with a perfect 12 points after 4 matches. Georgia is in second place with 4 points. Meanwhile, the big Spanish team is only in fourth place with 3 points, both have a goal difference of +1.
However, it should be noted that the ranking at this stage of the qualifying round can change significantly, especially when Spain has only played 2 matches due to participating in the semifinals and final of the UEFA Nations League last June.
Spain has succeeded in winning the Nations League title after beating Italy and France dramatically. However, the victory did not cover up the fact that they had played very badly in the 0-2 defeat at Scotland in the second match of the EURO 2024 preliminary round.
Therefore, this is an opportunity for Spain to regain a sense of victory and improve their position in group A. They still have a chance to qualify for the final round of the European tournament, but they need to win big over Georgia and hope for positive results from the other matches.
Georgia, on the other hand, is a team that has a strong bond and high fighting spirit. They have shown their worth by earning a 1-1 draw against Norway and beating Cyprus 2-1 in EURO 2024 qualifying. They also almost qualified for Euro 2020 after losing on penalties to North Macedonia in the play-offs.
However, Georgia also has many weaknesses, especially at the back. They have conceded 6 goals in their last 3 matches, including a 2-0 defeat to Scotland. They also don’t have much experience playing against big European teams, and have never qualified for the final round of a European tournament.
Meanwhile, Spain is a team that has very high individual and collective quality. However, Spain also has some problems, especially in terms of consistency and mentality. They often appear unstable and lack focus in several important matches. They also often have difficulty coping with pressure and expectations from the public and the media. They have failed to live up to expectations in the last few major tournaments, such as the 2018 World Cup and Euro 2016.
Relying on all the information above, Spain is expected to show their class and beat Georgia quite easily. On the other hand, Georgia will try to put up some resistance, but it won’t be enough to drop the full three points.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Georgia vs Spain match at Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena Stadium, Tbilisi can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 5e ronde match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 12:00 ET.
|Match||Georgia vs. Spain|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||5e ronde|
|Venue||Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena Stadium, Tbilisi|
|Date||Friday, September 08, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Georgia vs Spain matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Georgia (3-5-2)||Spain (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Georgia – Spain
- September 06, 2021 – Spain [4 – 0] Georgia (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- March 28, 2021 – Georgia [1 – 2] Spain (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 08, 2016 – Spain [0 – 1] Georgia (Friendlies)
- October 16, 2013 – Spain [2 – 0] Georgia (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 12, 2012 – Georgia [0 – 1] Spain (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Georgia – Last 5 Match Results
- November 17, 2022 – Morocco [3 – 0] Georgia (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Georgia [6 – 1] Mongolia (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Georgia [1 – 1] Norway (Europa Conference League)
- June 18, 2023 – Cyprus [1 – 2] Georgia (Europa Conference League)
- June 21, 2023 – Scotland [2 – 0] Georgia (Europa Conference League)
Spain – Last 5 Match Results
- December 06, 2022 – Morocco [P 0 – 0] Spain (FIFA World Cup)
- March 26, 2023 – Spain [3 – 0] Norway (Europa Conference League)
- March 29, 2023 – Scotland [2 – 0] Spain (Europa Conference League)
- June 16, 2023 – Spain [2 – 1] Italy (UEFA Nations League)
- June 19, 2023 – Croatia [0 – 0 P] Spain (UEFA Nations League)