On Sunday, June 04, 2023 Celta Vigo will compete against Barcelona in the Matchday 38 of the La Liga match. Watch here, Celta Vigo vs Barcelona live streaming, preview and how to watch it.
Celta Vigo is on the brink of relegation after losing 0-1 to Cadiz in Week 37. Carlos Carvalhal’s team has only 40 points and is ranked 17th. They could be thrown into the red zone if they fail to score points in the last game and Valladolid wins.
To avoid that bad luck, Celta Vigo must win in the final game. Maybe next time they will be pessimistic against Barcelona who are far superior. But this time, Celta Vigo should be grateful because Barcelona came to host them. The reason is because Barcelona is already a champion and has no more motivation. The proof, after lifting the trophy Barca lost two out of three matches, namely from Sociedad and Valladolid?
The facts also show that Barcelona always draws or loses to Celta Vigo three times in a row with less than one goal voor. Even in the last meeting Celta Vigo won 0-2. However, Celta Vigo has been in poor form recently. They have not won in their last six matches and instead lost five. Last week’s 0-1 loss to Cádiz put them even more in danger of relegation.
With such poor performance, Carlos’s team is in danger of dropping in caste because they are only one point ahead of the relegation zone (40 versus 39) with one match remaining.
Meanwhile, Barca is certain to win the 2022/23 La Liga. Maybe because they have no more goals, Xavi’s team play without enthusiasm. The last three matches, they have lost twice, but this does not affect their position at the top of the standings.
In the first meeting, Barca narrowly won over Celta Vigo at home. This is their 26th win in 51 meetings with Celta Vigo. Meanwhile, Celta Vigo only won 11 times and the rest drew 14 times.
In the home match against Barca, Celta Vigo could not play Beltran and Marchesin who were still injured. Meanwhile, Aidoo’s condition remains unclear. On the other hand, Barca also has several injured players such as Alarcon, Araujo, Balde and Pedri who must be absent.
But Robert Lewandowski will still be Barcelona’s mainstay tonight. The former Bayern Munich player is Barça’s most prolific player this season with 23 goals, including the game’s opening eight goals.
The Polish forward is the top scorer in the league this season. Meanwhile, two players who have stood out for Celta Vigo are Iago Aspas and Gabri Veiga. Aspas scored 12 goals and Veiga scored nine goals for their team.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Celta Vigo vs Barcelona match at Abanca-Balaídos Stadium, Vigo can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2022/2023 Matchday 38 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Celta Vigo vs. FC Barcelona|
|Competition||2022/2023 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 38|
|Venue||Abanca-Balaídos Stadium, Vigo|
|Date||Sunday, June 04, 2023|
See also info regarding other Celta Vigo vs Barcelona matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Celta Vigo (4-3-3)||Barcelona (4-3-3)|
|Veiga||F de Jong|
5 H2H Latest Celta Vigo – Barcelona
- October 10, 2022 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- May 11, 2022 – Barcelona [3 – 1] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- November 06, 2021 – Celta Vigo [3 – 3] Barcelona (La Liga)
- May 16, 2021 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- October 02, 2020 – Celta Vigo [0 – 3] Barcelona (La Liga)
Celta Vigo – Last 5 Match Results
- May 04, 2023 – Getafe [1 – 0] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- May 14, 2023 – Celta Vigo [1 – 2] Valencia (La Liga)
- May 20, 2023 – Athletic Bilbao [2 – 1] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- May 24, 2023 – Celta Vigo [1 – 1] Girona (La Liga)
- May 29, 2023 – Cadiz [1 – 0] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
Barcelona – Last 5 Match Results
- May 03, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Osasuna (La Liga)
- May 15, 2023 – Espanyol [2 – 4] Barcelona (La Liga)
- May 21, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Sociedad (La Liga)
- May 24, 2023 – Valladolid [3 – 1] Barcelona (La Liga)
- May 29, 2023 – Barcelona [3 – 0] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)