On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 Espanyol will compete against Atletico in the Matchday 36 of the La Liga match. Watch here, Espanyol vs Atletico live streaming, preview and how to watch it.
Espanyol are struggling to survive in the top flight of Spanish football this season. However, with their limited abilities, they seem unable to surprise them when they face Atletico Madrid in Week 36 of La Liga. Despite playing at home, Espanyol’s chances of picking up points are slim.
Espanyol is having a lot of trouble in the relegation zone. They are ranked second bottom but still have hope to escape from the abyss. They are only one point behind the safety zone and still have three games to save themselves. On the other hand, Atletico Madrid have confirmed a ticket to the Champions League but of course they want to maintain the runner-up position, above city rivals Real Madrid.
Espanyol just snapped a two-match losing streak with a 2-1 win at Vallecano. However, in the last 12 matches, they have only won two and lost nine. With poor performance, it’s no wonder that Espanyol has slumped to the bottom of the standings. Currently, Espanyol is only one point ahead of the safe zone (34 versus 35).
If Espanyol is having a disappointing season then Atletico will still show its class as a big team. By demolishing Osasuna 3-0 a few days ago, Diego Simeone’s team won four wins in the last five matches, while maintaining second place in the standings ahead of Real Madrid.
In their previous 53 meetings, Espanyol have lost more often than they have won against Atletico. They only won 16 times and lost 23 times. In the first meeting this season, they managed to hold Atletico to a draw with a score of 1-1. This is the 14th time the two teams have shared points.
Entertaining Atletico, Espanyol could not play Braithwaite, Gori and Gragera who were still injured. On the guest side, several players such as Depay, Lemar, Llorente, Mandava, Savic and Oblak also experienced the same thing.
After Elche is confirmed to be down caste, Espanyol could be the next team that has to play in the Spanish second division next season. The reason is, the team from Catalan is only in the bottom second place after 35 weeks have passed in La Liga this season.
But keep in mind that Espanyol still has 34 points and only lost by one point to the safe team. This is a gap that can be closed when the league still has three weeks to go. Interestingly, Luis García’s men are showing positive signs in terms of performance by beating Vallecano last week and opening opportunities for survival.
Tonight, they return to their base to welcome Atletico Madrid. In terms of strength and quality, Espanyol is clearly inferior to their opponent but the possibility of getting points in this match is still wide open.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Espanyol vs Atletico match at RCDE Stadium Stadium, Cornella de Llobregat can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2022/2023 Matchday 36 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 16:00 ET.
|Match||Espanyol vs. Atlético Madrid|
|Competition||2022/2023 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 36|
|Venue||RCDE Stadium Stadium, Cornella de Llobregat|
|Date||Wednesday, May 24, 2023|
See also info regarding other Espanyol vs Atletico matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Espanyol (4-2-3-1)||Atletico (5-3-2)|
5 H2H Latest Espanyol – Atletico
- October 22, 2022 – Valencia [1 – 2] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
- February 26, 2022 – RDC-Mallorca [0 – 1] Valencia (La Liga)
- October 23, 2021 – Valencia [2 – 2] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
- January 19, 2020 – RDC-Mallorca [4 – 1] Valencia (La Liga)
- September 01, 2019 – Valencia [2 – 0] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
Espanyol – Last 5 Match Results
- April 27, 2023 – Atletico Madrid [3 – 1] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
- May 02, 2023 – RDC-Mallorca [1 – 1] Athletic Bilbao (La Liga)
- May 05, 2023 – Girona [2 – 1] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
- May 13, 2023 – RDC-Mallorca [1 – 0] Cadiz (La Liga)
- May 20, 2023 – Almeria [3 – 0] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
Atletico – Last 5 Match Results
- April 28, 2023 – Valencia [2 – 1] Valladolid (La Liga)
- April 30, 2023 – Cadiz [2 – 1] Valencia (La Liga)
- May 04, 2023 – Valencia [1 – 1] Villarreal (La Liga)
- May 14, 2023 – Celta Vigo [1 – 2] Valencia (La Liga)
- May 21, 2023 – Valencia [1 – 0] Real Madrid (La Liga)