The Albania national team will face the Moldova national team in 3rd round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Live streaming of Albania vs Moldova, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Albania will host Moldova at the Elbasan Arena stadium on Saturday, 18 June 2023 in the continuation of Group E qualifying for Euro 2024. Both teams are ambitious to get full points in this group, but Albania is more favored because they have better quality and experience.
Albania are in third place in Group E with three points from two matches. They narrowly lost 0-1 to Poland in the first match, but managed to beat the Faroe Islands 2-0 in the second match. Albania still has a chance to compete with the Czech Republic which is in second place with four points.
Albania has many players who play in Europe’s top leagues, such as Bekim Balaj (Sparta Prague), Elseid Hysaj (Lazio), Keidi Bare (Espanyol), and Amir Abrashi (Freiburg). They are also led by experienced coach Edoardo Reja who has coached Napoli, Lazio and Atalanta.
However, Albania is also in poor form. They failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup and won only one of the last 12 matches. They were also winless in 13 of the last 15 matches. Albania needs to bounce back and capitalize on their home advantage to beat Moldova.
Moldova are fourth in Group E with one point from two matches. They lost 0-4 to the Faroe Islands in the first match, but surprised by holding the Czech Republic 0-0 in the second match. Moldova have only a slim hope of qualifying for the Euro 2024 finals, but they need a win over Albania to maintain that chance.
Moldova is much weaker skillfully than Albania. They are ranked 175th in FIFA, while Albania is ranked 75th. Moldova only has one player who plays in Europe’s top league, namely Ion Nicolaescu (Dinamo Zagreb). They are also led by new coach Roberto Bordin who just replaced Engin Firat in May.
Moldova is also unbeaten in the last four away games, winning three. However, they often lose when they face stronger teams. Moldova conceded in 19 of the last 21 away games. They have also lost all of their last 12 away fixtures when given a handicap of at least one goal.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Albania vs Moldova match at Air Albania Stadium Stadium, Tirana can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 3rd round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Albania vs. Moldova|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||3rd round|
|Venue||Air Albania Stadium Stadium, Tirana|
|Date||Saturday, June 17, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Albania vs Moldova matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Albania and Moldova have met four times before, with Albania winning three and drawing one.
Albania had never conceded a goal to Moldova in their previous four meetings.
Albania won twice without conceding against Moldova in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Albania is winless in the last five home matches, losing three and drawing two.
Moldova is winless in the last five away matches against sides ranked in the FIFA top 100, losing four and drawing one.
The main referee for this match was Dennis John Higler from the Netherlands. He has officiated 428 games in his career and has averaged 3.11 yellow cards and 0.15 red cards per game. He also awarded an average of 0.32 penalties per game.
|Albania (4-3-3)||Moldova (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Albania – Moldova
- October 15, 2019 – Moldova [0 – 4] Albania (Europa Conference League)
- June 12, 2019 – Albania [2 – 0] Moldova (Europa Conference League)
- August 16, 2012 – Albania [0 – 0] Moldova (Friendlies)
- June 07, 1995 – Moldova [2 – 3] Albania (Europa Conference League)
- March 29, 1995 – Albania [3 – 0] Moldova (Europa Conference League)
Albania – Last 5 Match Results
- October 26, 2022 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 1] Albania (Non-FIFA Friendlies)
- November 10, 2022 – Qatar [1 – 0] Albania (Non-FIFA Friendlies)
- November 17, 2022 – Albania [1 – 3] Italy (Friendlies)
- November 19, 2022 – Albania [2 – 0] Armenia (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Poland [1 – 0] Albania (Europa Conference League)
Moldova – Last 5 Match Results
- September 25, 2022 – Moldova [2 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA Nations League)
- November 17, 2022 – Moldova [1 – 2] Azerbaijan (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Moldova [0 – 5] Romania (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Moldova [1 – 1] Faroe Islands (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Moldova [0 – 0] Czechia (Europa Conference League)