The Greece national team will face the Republic of Ireland national team in 3rd round of the 2024 Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Friday, June 16, 2023. Live streaming of Greece vs Republic of Ireland, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Greece and Ireland will meet in an important match in the second round of Group B qualifying for Euro 2024. Both teams are ambitious to win to compete for the top two positions, where this group is also filled with two strong teams, namely France and the Netherlands.
The Greek national team have started well by beating Gibraltar 3-0 in their opening match, while Ireland had to lose 0-1 to France at home. Greece are currently second in Group B, losing only to France on goal difference, but they have played one game fewer.
This game against Ireland will be a chance for them to be level on points with France or even surpass them as group leaders if they can win by three goals or more.
Greece has been showing good form in the near future, when they lost only once in the last five matches in all competitions. They have also won their last four Euro qualifiers, including three in 2019 and one this year.
The Greek side have also shown their strength in the UEFA Nations League when they won five out of six matches last year. Greece is also an attacking team when they have scored at least two goals in three of their last four matches.
On the other hand, Ireland have started their Euro 2024 qualification with a loss to the French national team, but the 0-1 defeat is also quite an achievement for them considering that France are one of the favorites for the title and have always maintained their strength on the international stage. Ireland have played very tenacious and passionate in this match, and they have also had some dangerous attacks.
Ireland have made significant progress in recent years, when they lost just four of their previous 31 Euro qualifiers. They have also won three of their last six away fixtures, showing they are not easily beaten away from home. Ireland are also a team to score when they have done so in four of their last five games.
This is the first meeting between Greece and the Republic of Ireland since November 2012 in a friendly match, when Greece won 1-0. Twice before, Greece was also unbeaten with one win and one draw.
This time, however, Ireland will not have it easy to give Greece their third successive win over them. Ireland have made considerable improvements since the last meeting of the two teams. This is what makes the Greece vs Ireland duel predicted to be a fierce and dramatic battle.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Greece vs Republic of Ireland match at OPAP Arena Stadium, Athens can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 3rd round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Greece vs. Republic of Ireland|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||3rd round|
|Venue||OPAP Arena Stadium, Athens|
|Date||Friday, June 16, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Greece vs Republic of Ireland matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Greece (4-2-3-1)||Republic of Ireland (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Greece – Republic of Ireland
- November 15, 2012 – Republic of Ireland [0 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2002 – Greece [0 – 0] Republic of Ireland (Friendlies)
- April 26, 2000 – Republic of Ireland [0 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
Greece – Last 5 Match Results
- September 28, 2022 – Greece [3 – 1] Northern Ireland (UEFA Nations League)
- November 18, 2022 – Malta [2 – 2] Greece (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Hungary [2 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 3] Greece (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Greece [0 – 0] Lithuania (Friendlies)
Republic of Ireland – Last 5 Match Results
- September 28, 2022 – Republic of Ireland [3 – 2] Armenia (UEFA Nations League)
- November 18, 2022 – Republic of Ireland [1 – 2] Norway (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Malta [0 – 1] Republic of Ireland (Friendlies)
- March 23, 2023 – Republic of Ireland [3 – 2] Latvia (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Republic of Ireland [0 – 1] France (Europa Conference League)