The Spain national team will face the Italy national team in Semi-finals of the 2022/2023 UEFA Nations League on Thursday, June 15, 2023. Live streaming of Spain vs Italy, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Spain haven’t shown their best form recently. From the last five matches, they won only once. In fact, they lost 0-2 to Scotland in the EURO 2024 qualifiers.
However, Spain has a good record in the UEFA Nations League. They have managed four wins from their last five matches in this competition including beating Portugal to finish top of their group.
La Furia Roja suffered a shock 0-2 defeat to Scotland in the previous match and had to get back up in this match. However, this will certainly increase the confidence of La Fuente’s players when they face Italy this weekend.
It should be noted, in last season’s UEFA Nations League, Spain also met Italy in the semifinals. At that time, they beat Roberto Mancini’s team with a score of 2-1 at the San Siro. In that match, Ferran Torres scored twice for Spain, while Lorenzo Pellegrini replied for Italy.
Italy hasn’t been impressive lately either. Roberto Mancini’s team suffered two successive defeats to Austria and England, before beating hosts Malta 2-0 in their last game. With such a performance, it is very likely that the Azzurri will again taste the bitterness of defeat to Spain.
Spain will play the semifinals of the UEFA Nations League without Pedri. The Barcelona star has a thigh injury. Defender Juan Bernat has also been sent home due to not recovering and has been replaced by Fran Garcia. Meanwhile, Dani Olmo only has a 50-50 chance to appear in this match.
In the Italian camp, Domenico Berardi and Matteo Pessina also had to return home due to injury. Apart from that, Manuel Locatelli, Alessandro Florenzi, Mattia Zaccagni and Federico Baschirotto were not called up by Roberto Mancini this time around.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Spain vs Italy match at De Grolsch Veste Stadium, Enschede can be watched live streaming. UEFA Nations League 2022/2023 Semi-finals match broadcast on ESPN, Univision / FootballTv starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Spain vs. Italy|
|Competition||2022/2023 UEFA Nations League|
|Venue||De Grolsch Veste Stadium, Enschede|
|Date||Thursday, June 15, 2023|
|Official TV||ESPN, Univision / FootballTv|
|Streaming Link||ESPN, Univision / FootballTv|
See also info regarding other Spain vs Italy matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Spain have a good record against Italy and have won 13 of the 35 games played between the two sides, compared to Italy’s 10.
Luis De la Fuente’s side have lost just two of their last 10 matches against Italy in all competitions, with their last loss to the Azzurri coming on penalties at Euro 2021.
La Furia Roja have won just one of their last five matches in all competitions, with their only win during this period coming in a 3-0 win over Norway in March this year.
Three of the last four fixtures between the two sides saw both teams score, with the only clean sheet during this period being recorded by Spain in a 3-0 win in 2017.
Italy have won only two of last four matches in all competitions, losing matches against England and Austria during this period.
|Spain (4-3-3)||Italy (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Spain – Italy
- October 07, 2021 – Italy [1 – 2] Spain (UEFA Nations League)
- July 07, 2021 – Italy [P 1 – 1] Spain (Europa Conference League)
- September 03, 2017 – Spain [3 – 0] Italy (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 07, 2016 – Italy [1 – 1] Spain (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 27, 2016 – Italy [2 – 0] Spain (Europa Conference League)
Spain – Last 5 Match Results
- November 28, 2022 – Spain [1 – 1] Germany (FIFA World Cup)
- December 02, 2022 – Japan [2 – 1] Spain (FIFA World Cup)
- December 06, 2022 – Morocco [P 0 – 0] Spain (FIFA World Cup)
- March 26, 2023 – Spain [3 – 0] Norway (Europa Conference League)
- March 29, 2023 – Scotland [2 – 0] Spain (Europa Conference League)
Italy – Last 5 Match Results
- September 27, 2022 – Hungary [0 – 2] Italy (UEFA Nations League)
- November 17, 2022 – Albania [1 – 3] Italy (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Austria [2 – 0] Italy (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Italy [1 – 2] England (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Malta [0 – 2] Italy (Europa Conference League)