Benfica will face Inter Milan in Quarter-final 1st leg of the 2022-2023 UEFA Champions League which can be watched via live streaming on CBS Sports or Paramount+ on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, ET.
The home side will be hoping to continue their fine form in European competition and surprise the Italian champions who have also been in solid form so far. This match will certainly be exciting and fierce, with both teams having equal quality and experience.
Inter Milan came to Lisbon with positive capital after getting rid of Porto in the round of 16 with an aggregate score of 0-1. The visitors boast a formidable line of attack and defence, with the likes of Lautaro Martinez, Romelu Lukaku, Stefan de Vrij and Milan Skriniar. They also have an experienced coach, Simone Inzaghi, who knows how to strategize in European competition.
Benfica should not be underestimated because they also have a quality and balanced squad, with players like Rafa Silva and Nicolas Otamendi. They also have a shrewd coach, Roger Schmidt, and the advantage of playing in front of their home crowd, which can give them extra motivation.
This game is likely to end in a draw or be won by the team that is more efficient at taking advantage of opportunities. Inter Milan is the favorite to advance to the semifinals with a 57 percent chance, while Benfica only has a 43 percent chance.
However, this match is predicted to be tight and interesting, with a final score of 2-1 to Inter Milan according to the SportsLine.com website. This is a match that football fans should not miss, because both teams will try to show their best to win a ticket to the semifinals.
Game Info & Live Streaming Links
Benfica will play Inter Milan in the UEFA Champions League on CBS Sports or Paramount+. You can watch the live stream of the match here.
|Match||Benfica vs. Inter|
|Competition||2022/2023 UEFA Champions League|
|Match day||Quarter-final 1st leg|
|Venue||do Sport Lisboa e Benfica Stadium, Lisboa|
|Date||Tuesday, April 11, 2023|
|Official TV||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
|Streaming Link||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
Disclaimer: The links listed are for informational purposes only. The resepbyta.com team is not responsible for copyright, changes to match schedules and broadcast quality..
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Benfica and Inter Milan have only met twice before in the UEFA Champions League, namely in the 2004/05 season in the group stages. Inter Milan won 4-3 at home, while Benfica held their ground to a 0-0 draw.
Benfica have never scored against Inter Milan in the Champions League, but they did score three goals against them in the UEFA Cup in the 2002/03 season. Benfica won 3-1 at home and lost 0-1 away.
Inter Milan have never lost to Benfica in European competition, with a record of two wins and two draws from four meetings. They have also never conceded a goal from Benfica away from home.
Inter Milan is the most productive team in the Champions League this season, scoring 24 goals in eight matches. They average three goals per game.
Benfica are the most disciplined team in the Champions League this season, picking up just seven yellow cards and zero red cards from eight games. They average 0.88 yellow cards per game.
|Benfica (4-2-3-1)||Inter Milan (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Benfica – Inter Milan
- March 25, 2004 – Inter Milan [4 – 3] Benfica (UEFA Europa League)
- March 11, 2004 – Benfica [0 – 0] Inter Milan (UEFA Europa League)
Benfica – Last 5 Match Results
- March 08, 2023 – Benfica [5 – 1] Club Brugge (UEFA Champions League)
- March 13, 2023 – Marítimo [0 – 3] Benfica (EPL)
- March 19, 2023 – Benfica [5 – 1] Vitoria Guimaraes (EPL)
- April 03, 2023 – Rio Ave [0 – 1] Benfica (EPL)
- April 08, 2023 – Benfica [1 – 2] Porto (EPL)
Inter Milan – Last 5 Match Results
- March 15, 2023 – Porto [0 – 0] Inter Milan (UEFA Champions League)
- March 20, 2023 – Inter Milan [0 – 1] Juventus (Serie A)
- April 01, 2023 – Inter Milan [0 – 1] Fiorentina (Serie A)
- April 05, 2023 – Juventus [1 – 1] Inter Milan (Coppa Italia)
- April 07, 2023 – Salernitana [1 – 1] Inter Milan (Serie A)