Manchester City will face Bayern Munich in Quarter-final 1st leg of the 2022/2023 UEFA Champions League which can be watched via live streaming on CBS Sports or Paramount+ on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, ET.
This will be the first meeting between the two teams since the 2016-2017 Champions League group stage, when Man City won 3-1 at home and lost 1-0 at home.
Man City comes into this game with positive capital after ensuring qualification for the FA Cup semifinals by beating Burnley 6-0 at the Etihad, 19 April. Pep Guardiola’s team is also still chasing Arsenal, who lead the Premier League standings by 6 points.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich also doesn’t want to lose confidence after winning 0-1 over Freiburg in the Bundesliga on 8/4/2023. Thomas Tuchel’s team are still at the top of the standings with a two-point advantage over Borussia Dortmund. However, Bayern must face this match without their flagship bombers, Phil Foden and Mendy, who are experiencing health problems.
Pep Guardiola gave sky-high praise to Bayern Munich’s new coach Thomas Tuchel, who will become his rival in the Champions League. Guardiola says that Tuchel is one of the best coaches in the world and has brought big changes to Bayern since replacing Hansi Flick in March.
Thomas Tuchel is an extraordinary coach. He has shown what he is capable of at Mainz, Dortmund, PSG and now at Bayern. He makes his team play in an attractive and effective style. He is a very difficult opponent to beat, said Guardiola.
In the deadly duel tonight, Pep will definitely field the best team. Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne will certainly be key players for Man City. Haaland has scored 35 goals this season in all competitions, while De Brune has scored 5 goals for the English league.
Meanwhile, Tuchel is predicted to rely on Thomas Muller. The German national team player has a high instinct for scoring goals and of course can motivate other Bayern players.
This match is predicted to be fierce and exciting, because both teams have high quality and ambition to win the Champions League title this season. Man City wants to win the trophy for the first time in the club’s history, while Bayern want to repeat their success in the 2019-2020 season when they won the treble.
Game Info & Live Streaming Links
Manchester City will play Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League on CBS Sports or Paramount+. You can watch the live stream of the match here.
|Match||Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich|
|Competition||2022/2023 UEFA Champions League (Knockout Stage)|
|Match day||Quarter-final 1st leg|
|Venue||Etihad Stadium Stadium, Manchester|
|Date||Tuesday, April 11, 2023|
|Official TV||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
|Streaming Link||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
Disclaimer: The links listed are for informational purposes only. The resepbyta.com team is not responsible for copyright, changes to match schedules and broadcast quality..
Interesting Statistics and Facts
The two teams have met 10 times in all competitions, with each team picking up five wins and no draws.
Manchester City have the upper hand in the encounter at home to their opponents, winning three wins from seven matches, while Bayern Munich have won only one of three matches at home to Man City.
Both teams both scored and conceded a lot of goals in their meetings. Man City scored 14 goals and conceded 15 goals, while Bayern Munich scored 15 goals and conceded 14 goals.
The last match between the two teams took place in the 2016-2017 Champions League group stage, when Man City won 3-1 at home and lost 1-0 at home.
This match will be the first meeting between Pep Guardiola and Thomas Tuchel as coaches of Man City and Bayern Munich. Both of them have competed as coaches of Barcelona and PSG in the 2019-2020 season.
|Manchester City (3-4-3)||Bayern Munich (4-5-1)|
|Ruben Dias||De Ligt|
5 H2H Latest Manchester City – Bayern Munich
- July 24, 2022 – Bayern Munich [0 – 1] Manchester City (Club Friendlies)
- July 29, 2018 – Bayern Munich [2 – 3] Manchester City (League)
- July 21, 2016 – Bayern Munich [1 – 0] Manchester City (Club Friendlies)
- November 26, 2014 – Manchester City [3 – 2] Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League)
- September 18, 2014 – Bayern Munich [1 – 0] Manchester City (UEFA Champions League)
Manchester City – Last 5 Match Results
- March 12, 2023 – Crystal Palace [0 – 1] Manchester City (EPL)
- March 15, 2023 – Manchester City [7 – 0] RB Leipzig (UEFA Champions League)
- March 19, 2023 – Manchester City [6 – 0] Burnley (FA Cup)
- April 01, 2023 – Manchester City [4 – 1] Liverpool (EPL)
- April 08, 2023 – Southampton [1 – 4] Manchester City (EPL)
Bayern Munich – Last 5 Match Results
- March 11, 2023 – Bayern Munich [5 – 3] Augsburg (Bundesliga)
- March 19, 2023 – Bayer Leverkusen [2 – 1] Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)
- April 01, 2023 – Bayern Munich [4 – 2] Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)
- April 05, 2023 – Bayern Munich [1 – 2] Freiburg (DFB Pokal)
- April 08, 2023 – Freiburg [0 – 1] Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)