The Greece national team match against the France in Matchday 10 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the OPAP Arena Stadium, Athens.
Greece just won a friendly match against New Zealand with a score of 2-0 at the Georgios Karamas Stadium. Giannis Konstantelias and Georgios Giakoumakis scored goals in the 10th and 29th minutes respectively.
Although Greece still had a theoretical chance of surpassing the Netherlands and occupying second place in Group B, the Netherlands’ 1-0 victory over the Republic of Ireland ended those hopes. Greece’s final match against France in Group B was just a formality.
The Greek national team have been confirmed as one of the 12 countries that will participate in the play-offs, giving them hope of earning a ticket to Germany next summer. The last time Greece participated in the European Championship was in 2012, where they reached the quarter-finals. In the last two European Championships, Greece did not make it past the qualifying rounds.
France, on the other hand, just beat Gibraltar with a landslide score of 14-0 at home. This was the biggest win in Les Bleus’ history, and they continue to maintain a perfect winning record in Group B.
The 3rd nominee for the 2023 Ballon d’Or, Kylian Mbappe was the best player in the match, scoring three goals and three assists. The PSG striker has reached the milestone of 300 goals at the age of 24.
Thanks to the record win, France have officially topped Group B. They will be in pot 1 in the Euro 2024 group stage draw, joining hosts Germany and Portugal, who have won all 10 of their matches in Group J.
However, France’s big win over Gibraltar was slightly marred by Zaire-Emery’s injury. Coach Deschamps is not sure if the PSG player has a broken bone, but even a ligament injury would also rule the 17-year-old starlet out.
With all these facts and statistics, even though Greece has shown good form recently, France remains the favorite thanks to their perfect winning record in Group B and a big win over Gibraltar.
However, Greece will definitely provide a challenge and look to end their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign on a positive note. Greece have won three of their last four matches in all competitions, conceding just one goal. This good performance gives them hope of being able to challenge France.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Greece vs France match at OPAP Arena Stadium, Athens can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 10 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 15:45 ET.
|Match||Greece vs. France|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 10|
|Venue||OPAP Arena Stadium, Athens|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Greece (4-3-3)||France (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Greece – France
- June 20, 2023 – France [1 – 0] Greece (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- November 16, 2006 – France [1 – 0] Greece (Friendlies)
- June 26, 2004 – France [0 – 1] Greece (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- February 21, 1996 – France [3 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- February 27, 1980 – France [5 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
Greece – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Netherlands [3 – 0] Greece (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 11, 2023 – Greece [5 – 0] Gibraltar (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Republic of Ireland [0 – 2] Greece (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – Greece [0 – 1] Netherlands (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- November 18, 2023 – Greece [2 – 0] New Zealand (Friendlies)
France – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – France [2 – 0] Republic of Ireland (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Germany [2 – 1] France (Friendlies)
- October 14, 2023 – Netherlands [1 – 2] France (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – France [4 – 1] Scotland (Friendlies)
- November 19, 2023 – France [14 – 0] Gibraltar (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)