The Czechia national team match against the Moldova in Matchday 10 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Monday, November 20, 2023 will be held at the Andrův stadion Stadium, Olomouc.
The Czech Republic will travel to Chisinau to face Moldova in a qualifying match for Euro 2024. This match will be a test for the Czechs to restore their position to the top of Group E, while Moldova will try to get their first points at home.
The Czechs started qualifying with an impressive win over Poland, the top team in the group, with a score of 3-1 in Prague. Three Czech goals were scored by Sparta Prague players, namely Ladislav Krejci, Tomas Cvancara and Jan Kuchta. This victory puts the Czechs in second place in the group with three points, only behind on goal difference from Albania, who won 3-0 over the Faroe Islands.
The Czechs are an experienced team at the Euros, having successfully qualified for the last seven editions. They also have a sharp attacking line, with the trio of Cvancara, Kuchta and Adam Hlozek scoring important goals in the previous match. However, they also have to improve their defence, especially from set pieces, which was the source of Poland’s sole goal.
Moldova, on the other hand, drew 1-1 with Faroe Islands in their opener. They fell behind in the first half, before equalizing in the final minute through Ion Nicolaescu’s penalty. This result leaves Moldova in third place in the group with one point, ahead of Poland and the Faroe Islands on goal difference.
However, thanks to an additional 2 points from draws against Albania and Poland in the last two matches, Moldova was able to get 10 points and is temporarily sitting in 4th place. With a difference of only 4 points from Albania who is currently leading, Moldova still has the opportunity to qualify for the Euro 2024 finals in Germany.
Moldova is a team that rarely appears at the Euros, having only qualified for the finals once, namely in 2000. They also have a poor record against stronger teams, having lost 20 times in a row to teams in ranking in the top 100 in the world. They also had difficulty creating chances, especially against stronger teams.
This match will be the fourth meeting between the Czechs and Moldova, after meeting twice in qualifying for Euro 2004. The Czechs won with a landslide score of 5-0 at home and 2-0 away. The Czechs are again the favorites to win, however, they must be alert because in the last meeting, Moldova showed their class and played a goalless draw against the Czechs.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Czechia vs Moldova match at Andrův stadion Stadium, Olomouc can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 10 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 15:45 ET.
|Match||Czechia vs. Moldova|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 10|
|Venue||Andrův stadion Stadium, Olomouc|
|Date||Monday, November 20, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Czechia (3-4-1-2)||Moldova (3-4-3)|
5 H2H Latest Czechia – Moldova
- March 28, 2023 – Moldova [0 – 0] Czechia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- June 12, 2003 – Czechia [5 – 0] Moldova (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2002 – Moldova [0 – 2] Czechia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
Czechia – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Czechia [1 – 1] Albania (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 10, 2023 – Hungary [1 – 1] Czechia (Friendlies)
- October 13, 2023 – Albania [3 – 0] Czechia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 15, 2023 – Czechia [1 – 0] Faroe Islands (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- November 18, 2023 – Poland [1 – 1] Czechia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
Moldova – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Austria [1 – 1] Moldova (Friendlies)
- September 10, 2023 – Faroe Islands [0 – 1] Moldova (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Sweden [3 – 1] Moldova (Friendlies)
- October 16, 2023 – Poland [1 – 1] Moldova (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- November 18, 2023 – Moldova [1 – 1] Albania (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)