The France national team match against the Gibraltar in Matchday 9 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, November 18, 2023 will be held at the Allianz Riviera Stadium, Nice.
France will look to maintain their perfect record in Euro 2024 qualifying when they travel to the Estadio Algarve in Portugal to face Gibraltar in Group B. The match will be the first meeting between two countries at opposite ends of the FIFA rankings, with France being World Cup finalists last year it was ranked second, while Gibraltar was ranked 201st out of 211 countries.
France have put in an impressive performance in Euro 2024 qualifying so far, winning five of six matches without conceding a goal. They are six points ahead of Greece and the Netherlands. France will also face Greece in Paris on Monday, which could be a decisive match for first place in the group.
French coach Didier Deschamps has a squad containing star players, such as Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba. Mbappe is France’s top scorer in Euro 2024 qualifying with six goals, including two in a 4-0 win over the Netherlands in March. Another French striker, Olivier Giroud, also appeared productive, scoring three goals, including the opener in a 3-0 win over Gibraltar last June. Giroud is the all-time top scorer for the French national team with 54 goals.
Gibraltar, on the other hand, have never tasted victory or even scored a goal in a Euro qualifier since becoming UEFA members more than a decade ago. They lost by an aggregate of 93-5 in their 20 Euro qualifying matches, including two 3-0 defeats to Greece and the Netherlands in March. They will also face the Netherlands next Monday.
Gibraltar coach Julio Cesar Ribas does not have a wide selection of players, as most of his squad consists of semi-professional players who play in local leagues or in England’s lower divisions. Gibraltar’s best known player is Liam Walker, who has played for Portsmouth and Notts County, but he will be absent on Friday having received a red card in the 3-0 defeat to the Netherlands in March. Gibraltar also couldn’t play at their home stadium, Victoria Stadium, because it didn’t meet UEFA standards, so they had to play in Portugal.
France will be big favorites to win this game easily, and will probably score a lot of goals. Gibraltar will try to defend as best as possible and avoid a crushing defeat. However, the difference in quality between the two teams is too great to overcome, and France will likely pick up a big win without conceding.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
France vs Gibraltar match at Allianz Riviera Stadium, Nice can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 15:45 ET.
|Match||France vs. Gibraltar|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Allianz Riviera Stadium, Nice|
|Date||Saturday, November 18, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|France (4-2-3-1)||Gibraltar (5-4-1)|
|T. Hernandez||J. Chipolina|
5 H2H Latest France – Gibraltar
- June 17, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 3] France (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
France – Last 5 Match Results
- June 20, 2023 – France [1 – 0] Greece (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 08, 2023 – France [2 – 0] Republic of Ireland (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Germany [2 – 1] France (Friendlies)
- October 14, 2023 – Netherlands [1 – 2] France (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – France [4 – 1] Scotland (Friendlies)
Gibraltar – Last 5 Match Results
- June 20, 2023 – Republic of Ireland [3 – 0] Gibraltar (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 07, 2023 – Malta [1 – 0] Gibraltar (Friendlies)
- September 11, 2023 – Greece [5 – 0] Gibraltar (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2023 – Wales [4 – 0] Gibraltar (Friendlies)
- October 17, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 4] Republic of Ireland (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)