The Real Sociedad team will challenge the Barcelona team in a Spanish La Liga Matchday 12 in Reale Arena Stadium, Donostia-San Sebastián on Saturday, November 04, 2023. For streaming coverage of Real Sociedad vs. Barcelona, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Real Sociedad enters this match after drawing 2-2 with Rayo Vallecano last weekend. Meanwhile, Barcelona comes into this match after losing 1-2 to Real Madrid.
Real Sociedad have shown strong form at home this season, with four wins from their last five games in front of their home fans. They are also unbeaten at home in all competitions this season. However, Sociedad will face a big challenge against Barcelona, who have scored at least one goal in three of their last four matches in La Liga.
Barcelona, on the other hand, enter this match with hopes of getting back to winning ways after their loss to Real Madrid. They are currently fourth in the table, four points behind leaders Real Madrid.
Barca cannot afford to make many mistakes in the coming weeks if they want to stay in contention for La Liga champions this season. Moreover, above them there are still two strong teams, namely Girona, which is equal on points with Real Madrid, and Atletico, which is 1 point ahead of Barca.
In this match, Barcelona will lose two of their important players, namely Sergi Roberto and Frenkie de Jong. Sergi Roberto suffered a hamstring injury, while Frenkie de Jong received a red card in the match against Real Madrid.
Losing these two players will affect Barcelona’s performance, especially in the midfield and wings. Sergi Roberto is a versatile player who can play as a right-back, midfielder or winger. Frenkie de Jong is a defensive midfielder who can regulate the tempo of the game and help the transition from defense to attack.
Real Sociedad will also be without three of their players, namely André Silva, Kieran Tierney and Martín Merquelanz. André Silva is Real Sociedad’s main striker who has scored seven goals in La Liga this season. Kieran Tierney is a left back who can provide crosses and help in defense. Martín Merquelanz is a left winger who can provide a threat with his speed and dribbling.
Even though on paper, Barcelona is more favored than Sociedad, Sociedad’s home performance has been very good this season. Imanol Alguacil’s men are yet to lose at the Reale Arena this season, with four wins and two draws. On the other hand, Barcelona have scored at least two goals in their last four away matches in La Liga.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona match at Reale Arena Stadium, Donostia-San Sebastián can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2023/2024 Matchday 12 match broadcast on ESPN+, ESPN Deportes starting 16:00 ET.
|Match||Real Sociedad vs. Barcelona|
|Competition||2023/2024 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 12|
|Venue||Reale Arena Stadium, Donostia-San Sebastián|
|Date||Saturday, November 04, 2023|
|Official TV||ESPN+, ESPN Deportes|
|Streaming Link||ESPN+, ESPN Deportes|
See also info regarding other Real Sociedad vs. Barcelona matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Real Sociedad (4-3-3)||Barcelona (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Real Sociedad – Barcelona
- May 21, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Sociedad (La Liga)
- January 26, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Sociedad (Copa Del Rey)
- August 22, 2022 – Sociedad [1 – 4] Barcelona (La Liga)
- April 22, 2022 – Sociedad [0 – 1] Barcelona (La Liga)
- August 16, 2021 – Barcelona [4 – 2] Sociedad (La Liga)
Real Sociedad – Last 5 Match Results
- October 08, 2023 – Atletico Madrid [2 – 1] Sociedad (La Liga)
- October 21, 2023 – Sociedad [1 – 0] RDC-Mallorca (La Liga)
- October 25, 2023 – Benfica [0 – 1] Sociedad (UEFA Champions League)
- October 29, 2023 – Rayo Vallecano [2 – 2] Sociedad (La Liga)
- November 02, 2023 – Buñol [0 – 1] Sociedad (Copa Del Rey)
Barcelona – Last 5 Match Results
- October 05, 2023 – Porto [0 – 1] Barcelona (UEFA Champions League)
- October 09, 2023 – Granada [2 – 2] Barcelona (La Liga)
- October 23, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Athletic Bilbao (La Liga)
- October 25, 2023 – Barcelona [2 – 1] Shakhtar Donetsk (UEFA Champions League)
- October 28, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Real Madrid (La Liga)