The Monaco team will challenge the Metz team in a French Ligue 1 Matchday 9 in Stade Louis II Stadium, Monaco on Sunday, October 22, 2023. For streaming coverage of Monaco vs. Metz, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Monaco has only lost once since the start of the season, namely to Nice with a score of 0-1 at home. In that match, they conceded in the final minute and missed two penalties. Additionally, they won five and drew two matches, including a 3-1 win over PSG at the Parc des Princes.
Monaco also has the best attack line in Ligue 1 this season with 21 goals, more than PSG who have only scored 17 goals. They have many players who can create and complete opportunities, such as Minamino Takumi, Folarin Balogun, Wissam Ben Yedder, and Kevin Volland. For this reason, the home team is currently leading the standings with 17 points from 8 matches.
Metz, on the other hand, is a promoted team that has just returned to Ligue 1 after a season away. They have just two wins from eight matches, and those were all away wins. They beat Strasbourg 2-1 and Nantes 3-2.
Metz has big problems when it comes to scoring goals. They have only scored seven goals so far, the third lowest in Ligue 1. They have also not scored in their last three games against Lyon, Lille and Rennes. If they cannot break the deadlock against Monaco, they will match their poor record of going scoreless in four consecutive games. The visiting team is ranked 14th with 8 points.
Based on meeting history, Monaco has a very good meeting record against Metz. In the last 14 meetings in all competitions, Monaco won 11 times, drew once and lost twice. If you only count in Ligue 1, Monaco won 12 of the last 13 matches against Metz.
At home, Monaco have not lost to Metz since 2003. They have won eight and drawn one of their last nine matches against Metz at the Louis II Stadium.
However, ahead of tonight’s match, less good information came from the home team. Monaco was unable to field several important players due to injury, such as Vanderson, Caio Henrique, Breel Embolo, Mohammed Salisu and Aleksandr Golovin. Soungoutou Magassa is also absent due to suspension.
Meanwhile, Metz does not have any significant injury or suspension problems. They could field their strongest team with the recoveries of Colin, Benjamin Tetteh and Kevin N’Doram after the international break.
Nevertheless, Monaco are strong favorites to win this Louis II Stadium match. They have advantages in terms of quality, performance and meeting record. They are also playing at home, which will give them more confidence.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Monaco vs Metz match at Stade Louis II Stadium, Monaco can be watched live streaming. Ligue 1 2023/2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS starting 11:05 ET.
|Match||AS Monaco vs. Metz|
|Competition||2023/2024 Ligue 1|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Stade Louis II Stadium, Monaco|
|Date||Sunday, October 22, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS|
|Streaming Link||beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS|
See also info regarding other Monaco vs. Metz matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Monaco (3-4-1-2)||Metz (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Monaco – Metz
- April 03, 2022 – Metz [1 – 2] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- December 05, 2021 – AS-Monaco [4 – 0] Metz (Ligue 1)
- April 06, 2021 – AS-Monaco [P 0 – 0] Metz (Coupe de France)
- April 03, 2021 – AS-Monaco [4 – 0] Metz (Ligue 1)
- August 30, 2020 – Metz [0 – 1] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
Monaco – Last 5 Match Results
- September 03, 2023 – AS-Monaco [3 – 0] RCLens (Ligue 1)
- September 17, 2023 – Lorient [2 – 2] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- September 23, 2023 – AS-Monaco [0 – 1] OGC-Nice (Ligue 1)
- October 01, 2023 – AS-Monaco [3 – 2] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
- October 08, 2023 – Reims [1 – 3] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
Metz – Last 5 Match Results
- September 17, 2023 – RCLens [0 – 1] Metz (Ligue 1)
- September 24, 2023 – Metz [0 – 1] Strasbourg (Ligue 1)
- October 01, 2023 – Toulouse [3 – 0] Metz (Ligue 1)
- October 07, 2023 – Metz [0 – 1] OGC-Nice (Ligue 1)
- October 13, 2023 – Kaiserslautern [2 – 3] Metz (Club Friendlies)