The Lorient team will challenge the Rennes team in a French Ligue 1 Matchday 9 in Stade Yves Allainmat – Le Moustoir Stadium, Lorient on Sunday, October 22, 2023. For streaming coverage of Lorient vs. Rennes, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Lorient only won one win this season, namely a surprising 4-1 victory over Lille at home to Le Moustoir in Week 3. However, they also showed high fighting spirit by forcing many big teams in France to settle for a draw, including PSG , Monaco, and finally Lyon.
In the last five matches, Lorient only got two points out of a maximum fifteen points and a lack of focus in the second half was one of the reasons they lost important points. Therefore, in this meeting with Rennes, they must try to maintain concentration throughout the match.
Coach Regis Le Bris will field his strongest formation with his favorite three center back scheme. He hopes his players can overcome the pressure from the visitors and create goal opportunities.
Rennes, on the other hand, have just suffered their first two defeats of the season, one to PSG in Ligue 1 and one to Villarreal in the Europa League. Previously, they appeared very impressive with eight matches without losing, including three wins and five draws.
Therefore, facing Lorient who is in poor form at the moment, Rennes is determined to regain happiness in a foreign land. They will also want to maintain their good record against their neighbors Lorient.
Coach Bruno Genesio will probably give full confidence to the French U21 stars in his team such as Amine Gouiri and Arnaud Kalimuendo, or the talented midfielder Ludovic Blas who has just recovered from injury. They are expected to be able to show their talents and abilities on the field.
This will be a very interesting and fierce match between two teams from the Brittany region of France. Both teams have high motivation to achieve victory and improve their position in the standings.
Lorient will play with a scientific and troublesome style of play that many big teams in France have struggled with. They will also look to capitalize on home advantage and the support of their fans.
From all the data that has been submitted, it is likely that the two teams will share points in the final results of the Week 9 Ligue 1 2023/24 match in Brittany.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Lorient vs Rennes match at Stade Yves Allainmat – Le Moustoir Stadium, Lorient can be watched live streaming. Ligue 1 2023/2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS starting 07:00 ET.
|Match||FC Lorient vs. Stade Rennais FC|
|Competition||2023/2024 Ligue 1|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Stade Yves Allainmat – Le Moustoir Stadium, Lorient|
|Date||Sunday, October 22, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS|
|Streaming Link||beIN SPORTS en Español, Fanatiz USA, beIN SPORTS|
See also info regarding other Lorient vs. Rennes matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Lorient (3-4-3)||Rennes (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Lorient – Rennes
- January 28, 2023 – Lorient [2 – 1] Rennes (Ligue 1)
- August 07, 2022 – Rennes [0 – 1] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- April 24, 2022 – Rennes [5 – 0] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- December 19, 2021 – Rennes [1 – 0] Lorient (Coupe de France)
- November 28, 2021 – Lorient [0 – 2] Rennes (Ligue 1)
Lorient – Last 5 Match Results
- September 03, 2023 – Le Havre [3 – 0] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- September 17, 2023 – Lorient [2 – 2] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- September 23, 2023 – Nantes [5 – 3] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- October 01, 2023 – Lorient [0 – 3] Montpellier (Ligue 1)
- October 08, 2023 – Lyon [3 – 3] Lorient (Ligue 1)
Rennes – Last 5 Match Results
- September 21, 2023 – Rennes [3 – 0] Maccabi Haifa (UEFA Europa League)
- September 24, 2023 – Montpellier [0 – 0] Rennes (Ligue 1)
- October 02, 2023 – Rennes [3 – 1] Nantes (Ligue 1)
- October 06, 2023 – Villarreal [1 – 0] Rennes (UEFA Europa League)
- October 09, 2023 – Rennes [1 – 3] PSG (Ligue 1)