The Darmstadt team will challenge the Leipzig team in a German Bundesliga Matchday 8 in Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor Stadium, Darmstadt on Saturday, October 21, 2023. For streaming coverage of Darmstadt vs. Leipzig, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Darmstadt, which has just been promoted, is in 14th position in the standings with seven points, while Leipzig, which is one of the champion candidates, is in sixth position with 12 points.
Darmstadt are fresh off a two-game winning streak against Mainz and Stuttgart, having previously lost four of their first seven games of the season. Darmstadt are playing quite solidly at the back, conceding only nine goals so far, but they also have difficulty scoring goals, only eight goals have come from the feet of their players.
On the other hand, Leipzig is experiencing a decline in form, having only achieved two goalless draws against Bochum and Freiburg in the last two weeks. Leipzig missed two penalty opportunities in the match against Bochum, and also lost a two-goal lead against Freiburg.
Leipzig still has a sharp front line, with 14 goals scored this season, but they are also prone to conceding goals, with 11 goals scored against them.
Meeting history shows that Darmstadt and Leipzig have met six times before in all competitions, and Leipzig dominated with five wins and one defeat. Darmstadt have never won against Leipzig at home, only achieving one draw and two defeats. Their last meeting occurred in the 2016/17 season, when Leipzig won 2-0 at home to Darmstadt.
Darmstadt will have to be careful of fast counter attacks from Leipzig, who have fast and technical players such as Emil Forsberg, Christopher Nkunku and Andre Silva. Torsten Lieberknecht’s troops also have to improve their effectiveness in front of goal, as they often miss golden opportunities.
Meanwhile, Leipzig must increase their concentration at the back, because they often concede goals from their own mistakes or set pieces. Coach Jesse Marsch also needs to be calmer in completing the opportunities he gets, because they often fail to score goals from close range or from penalties.
Darmstadt will be without injured Aaron Seydel, Clemens Riedel and Christoph Zimmermann, while Leipzig will be without injured El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Dani Olmo and Willi Orban.
Looking at the recent performance of both teams, Leipzig is still the favorite to beat Darmstadt in week 8 of the Bundesliga this season.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Darmstadt vs Leipzig match at Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor Stadium, Darmstadt can be watched live streaming. Bundesliga 2023/2024 Matchday 8 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 09:30 ET.
|Match||Darmstadt vs. RB Leipzig|
|Match day||Matchday 8|
|Venue||Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor Stadium, Darmstadt|
|Date||Saturday, October 21, 2023|
See also info regarding other Darmstadt vs. Leipzig matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Darmstadt (3-5-2)||Leipzig (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Darmstadt – Leipzig
- April 01, 2017 – RB Leipzig [4 – 0] Darmstadt (Bundesliga)
- October 29, 2016 – Darmstadt [0 – 2] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
- April 24, 2015 – RB Leipzig [2 – 1] Darmstadt (League)
- November 08, 2014 – Darmstadt [1 – 0] RB Leipzig (League)
- April 19, 2014 – L [RB Leipzig] 1 – 0 (RB Leipzig vs Darmstadt)
Darmstadt – Last 5 Match Results
- September 17, 2023 – Darmstadt [3 – 3] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
- September 23, 2023 – Stuttgart [3 – 1] Darmstadt (Bundesliga)
- October 01, 2023 – Darmstadt [4 – 2] Werder Bremen (Bundesliga)
- October 07, 2023 – Augsburg [1 – 2] Darmstadt (Bundesliga)
- October 13, 2023 – Darmstadt [4 – 2] Elversberg (Club Friendlies)
Leipzig – Last 5 Match Results
- September 28, 2023 – Wehen Wiesbaden [2 – 3] RB Leipzig (DFB Pokal)
- September 30, 2023 – RB Leipzig [2 – 2] Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)
- October 05, 2023 – RB Leipzig [1 – 3] Manchester City (UEFA Champions League)
- October 07, 2023 – RB Leipzig [0 – 0] Bochum (Bundesliga)
- October 11, 2023 – RB Leipzig [2 – 4] Mladá Boleslav (Club Friendlies)