The Ecuador national team will face the Colombia national team in 4e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Live streaming of Ecuador vs Colombia, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Ecuador is currently in sixth place with six points from three matches, the same as Brazil and only behind Argentina on goal difference. However, they could have got nine points if they had not deducted three points due to the fake document scandal of defender Byron Castillo, who once played for the national team in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
However, Ecuador continues to show a high fighting spirit under the guidance of coach Félix Sánchez. They managed to beat Uruguay and Bolivia in their last two matches, after narrowly losing 0-1 to Argentina in the opener. Ecuador also has a solid and compact team, with many talented young players such as midfielder Moises Caicedo who plays for Chelsea.
Meanwhile, Colombia is in third place with seven points from three matches, only behind on goal difference from Uruguay and Paraguay. They are also unbeaten in these qualifiers, with one win over Venezuela and two draws against Peru and Uruguay.
Colombia has a strong and experienced team, with many players playing in Europe’s top leagues. They have also had steady form under coach Néstor Lorenzo, who has not lost since taking over in July 2022. Colombia has a 14-match unbeaten streak in all competitions.
The last meeting between the two teams occurred in November 2020, when Colombia won 3-0 over Ecuador in Bogota in a friendly match. However, in qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, Ecuador managed to beat Colombia 6-1 in Quito in November 2019.
At home, Ecuador has a good record against Colombia. Of the last five meetings in Quito since 2001, Ecuador won three, drew once and lost once. However, this time they will face a tough opponent and will not be easy to beat.
Based on recent form, Ecuador will likely look to capitalize on the home advantage and altitude of Quito, while Colombia will rely on the quality and experience of their players. This match will most likely end in a draw.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Ecuador vs Colombia match at Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 4e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 19:30 ET.
|Match||Ecuador vs. Colombia|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||4e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito|
|Date||Tuesday, October 17, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Ecuador vs Colombia matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Ecuador (4-2-3-1)||Colombia (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Ecuador – Colombia
- October 15, 2021 – Colombia [0 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 14, 2021 – Colombia [1 – 0] Ecuador (League)
- November 18, 2020 – Ecuador [6 – 1] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 20, 2019 – Ecuador [0 – 1] Colombia (Friendlies)
- March 29, 2017 – Ecuador [0 – 2] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Ecuador – Last 5 Match Results
- June 18, 2023 – Ecuador [1 – 0] Bolivia (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Ecuador [3 – 1] Costa Rica (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Bolivia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Colombia – Last 5 Match Results
- June 17, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Iraq (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Germany [0 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Chile [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Colombia [2 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)