The Uruguay national team will face the Brazil national team in 4e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Live streaming of Uruguay vs Brazil, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Brazil is currently in second place in the standings with seven points from three matches, only behind Argentina on goal difference. Selecao are unbeaten in this qualifying round and have the sharpest attack line with seven goals.
Meanwhile, Uruguay is in fourth position with four points from three matches, the same as Colombia and Paraguay. However, Marcelo Bielsa’s team has not won in the last two matches and has a weak defense with five goals conceded.
The Brazilian team has a big advantage in terms of player material and team performance. They have many stars in every line, such as Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Casemiro, Thiago Silva and Alisson. They also have an experienced and visionary coach, Fernando Diniz, who replaces Tite who resigned after the 2023 Copa America.
Team Tango also had a very impressive away performance. In the last 20 away matches, they have lost only once, drawn four and won 15. They have also dominated Uruguay in the last eight meetings with a record of winning seven and drawing once.
Brazil’s weakness may lie in their lack of consistency and sharpness in front of goal. They often struggle to score goals from the chances they create and sometimes lose focus in defence. They can also be affected by pressure from opposing fans and referees.
On the other hand, Uruguay has the advantage of playing at home with the full support of their fans. They also have several talented and experienced players, such as Diego Godin, Federico Valverde, Lucas Torreira and Maxi Gomez. They are known as a team that is persistent and does not give up easily.
Uruguay’s weakness is the lack of creativity and variety in the midfield and front. They relied too much on old players such as Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, who were not called up this time. They also have a fragile defense and often concede goals from opponents’ counter-attacks.
Although Uruguay did not call up Suarez and Cavani this time due to technical and physical reasons, instead, Bielsa gave young players such as Darwin Nunez and Facundo Pellistri the opportunity to prove themselves. Rodrigo Bentancur is also absent due to injury.
By looking at the background, strengths, weaknesses and latest information of both teams, Brazil is still predicted to win this match with a narrow score. Neymar may be one of the players who will score goals and assist in the match at the Estadio Centenario tonight.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Uruguay vs Brazil match at Estadio Centenario Stadium, Montevideo can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 4e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 20:00 ET.
|Match||Uruguay vs. Brazil|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||4e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Centenario Stadium, Montevideo|
|Date||Tuesday, October 17, 2023|
|Official TV||FIFA TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Uruguay vs Brazil matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Uruguay (4-2-3-1)||Brazil (4-2-3-1)|
|De la Cruz||Neymar|
5 H2H Latest Uruguay – Brazil
- October 15, 2021 – Brazil [4 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 18, 2020 – Uruguay [0 – 2] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 17, 2018 – Brazil [1 – 0] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2017 – Uruguay [1 – 4] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- March 26, 2016 – Brazil [2 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Uruguay – Last 5 Match Results
- June 15, 2023 – Uruguay [4 – 1] Nicaragua (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Uruguay [2 – 0] Cuba (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Uruguay [3 – 1] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Colombia [2 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Brazil – Last 5 Match Results
- June 18, 2023 – Brazil [4 – 1] Guinea (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Brazil [2 – 4] Senegal (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Brazil [5 – 1] Bolivia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Peru [0 – 1] Brazil (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Brazil [1 – 1] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)