The France team will challenge the Scotland team in a FIFA Matchday Friendly Match in Stade Pierre-Mauroy Stadium, Villeneuve d’Ascq on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. For streaming coverage of France vs Scotland, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
France has confirmed its ticket to Euro 2024 after winning all six matches in qualifying group B with a goal difference of +20. They are one of the strongest teams in the world at the moment, having won the 2022 World Cup and runners-up at Euro 2020. With capable players in every line, France is always the favorite candidate in every major tournament.
However, France also cannot be careless, because they still have to maintain their performance and consistency. In the last seven matches, they have only suffered one defeat, namely when they lost to Germany 1-2 in Dortmund in a friendly match in September. At that time, coach Didier Deschamps made many changes and experiments so that the team did not look unified and harmonious.
For this reason, Deschamps will likely return to his best formation and line-up in this match. Although several key players such as Kylian Mbappe, Paul Pogba and N’Golo Kante will be given a rest, France still have plenty of quality options to replace them. Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Kingsley Coman and Thomas Lemar are some of the names who can fill the French attack line.
Meanwhile, Scotland also does not want to lose in this match. They are still fighting to get tickets to Euro 2024 after losing to Spain 0-2 in qualifying group F. They are currently in second place with a difference of one point from Sweden who is in third place. They must win their remaining two matches against Malta and Greece to ensure qualification for the finals.
The Scottish team played quite well in these qualifiers, scoring 16 goals and conceding only five goals. They also showed high fighting spirit and solid teamwork. However, coach Stephen Clarke’s troops experienced several problems in the last two matches, namely when they lost to England 0-2 in a friendly match and lost to Spain 0-2 in qualifying.
One of the factors affecting Scotland’s performance was the injury to their captain and mainstay left-back, Andy Robertson. This Liverpool player suffered a hamstring injury against Spain and is certain to miss this match. Apart from that, several other players such as John McGinn, Ryan Fraser and Scott McTominay are also doubtful about being able to appear due to injury or physical conditions.
In the history of meetings between the two teams, France is ahead with five wins from the last seven matches. Scotland only won twice, namely in 2006 and 2007. However, in the last two matches between the two teams in 2016 and 2017, Scotland managed to hold France to a draw with a score of 0-0 and 1-1.
Judging from various aspects, Les Bleus is expected to record a victory, even though the Scottish team will struggle in preparation to win a ticket to the Euro 2024 final in Germany.
Live Stream & How To Watch
France vs Scotland match at Stade Pierre-Mauroy Stadium, Villeneuve d’Ascq can be watched live streaming. Friendlies 2023 Friendly Match match broadcast on beIN SPORTS en Español starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||France vs. Scotland|
|Competition||FIFA Matchday (2023)|
|Match day||Friendly Match|
|Venue||Stade Pierre-Mauroy Stadium, Villeneuve d’Ascq|
|Date||Tuesday, October 17, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN SPORTS en Español|
|Streaming Link||beIN SPORTS en Español|
See also info regarding other France vs Scotland matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|France (4-2-3-1)||Scotland (5-4-1)|
5 H2H Latest France – Scotland
- June 05, 2016 – France [3 – 0] Scotland (Friendlies)
- September 13, 2007 – France [0 – 1] Scotland (Europa Conference League)
- October 07, 2006 – Scotland [1 – 0] France (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2002 – France [5 – 0] Scotland (Friendlies)
- March 29, 2000 – Scotland [0 – 2] France (Friendlies)
France – Last 5 Match Results
- June 17, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 3] France (Europa Conference League)
- June 20, 2023 – France [1 – 0] Greece (Europa Conference League)
- September 08, 2023 – France [2 – 0] Republic of Ireland (Europa Conference League)
- September 13, 2023 – Germany [2 – 1] France (Friendlies)
- October 14, 2023 – Netherlands [1 – 2] France (Europa Conference League)
Scotland – Last 5 Match Results
- June 17, 2023 – Norway [1 – 2] Scotland (Europa Conference League)
- June 21, 2023 – Scotland [2 – 0] Georgia (Europa Conference League)
- September 09, 2023 – Cyprus [0 – 3] Scotland (Europa Conference League)
- September 13, 2023 – Scotland [1 – 3] England (Friendlies)
- October 13, 2023 – Spain [2 – 0] Scotland (Europa Conference League)