The Luxembourg national team will face the Slovakia national team in Matchday 8 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Monday, October 16, 2023. Live streaming of Luxembourg vs Slovakia, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
For both teams, the 8th match in Group J of EURO 2024 qualifying will be a very important match because they are still fighting to get tickets to the tournament final. Three points is a fixed price for Luxembourg and Slovakia.
Slovakia is currently in second place with 13 points, only two points ahead of Luxembourg which is in third place. If Slovakia win, they will increase the gap on Luxembourg to five points and strengthen their chances of qualifying. However, if Luxembourg win, they will be level with Slovakia on points and could even move them from second place if Bosnia loses to Portugal.
Portugal itself has confirmed that they will qualify as group winners with a perfect 21 points after seven matches. They will not be too motivated when facing Bosnia, who still hope to catch Slovakia and Luxembourg. Bosnia currently have nine points and need to win their last two games to have any hope of qualifying.
Luxembourg is a pretty tough team at home. They have won three of their four home games in these qualifiers, including 2-1 wins over Bosnia and 1-0 over Malta. They also only narrowly lost 0-1 to Portugal in the opening match. Luc Holtz’s team has a pretty sharp attack line, with striker Maurice Deville scoring three goals and midfielder Vincent Thill scoring two goals.
However, Luxembourg also has weaknesses at the back. They have conceded 11 goals in seven games, including four to Serbia and three to Portugal. They also often have difficulty facing teams that are stronger physically and technically, such as Slovakia.
Meanwhile, Slovakia is a team that has more experience at international level. They have qualified for the EURO 2016 final and the 2010 World Cup. They also have classy players such as defender Milan Skriniar, midfielder Marek Hamsik and striker Robert Bozenik. Stefan Tarkovic’s team has a quite varied playing style, they can attack quickly or control the ball patiently.
However, Slovakia also cannot underestimate Luxembourg. They had just lost 2-3 to Portugal in their previous match, even though they had won twice. They also lost 1-2 to Luxembourg in the EURO 2016 qualifiers. They must improve their concentration and discipline if they don’t want to lose important points.
Luxembourg and Slovakia have met five times before, with Slovakia winning three, drawing once and losing once. Slovakia also leads in the number of goals, scoring 11 goals and conceding six goals. Looking at the recent performance of both teams, Slovakia has a great opportunity to get full points.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Luxembourg vs Slovakia match at Stade de Luxembourg Stadium, Luxembourg can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 8 match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Luxembourg vs. Slovakia|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 8|
|Venue||Stade de Luxembourg Stadium, Luxembourg|
|Date||Monday, October 16, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Luxembourg vs Slovakia matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Luxembourg (5-4-1)||Slovakia (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Luxembourg – Slovakia
- March 24, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2015 – Luxembourg [2 – 4] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- March 28, 2015 – Slovakia [3 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- February 10, 2011 – Luxembourg [2 – 1] Slovakia (Friendlies)
- June 09, 2005 – Luxembourg [0 – 4] Slovakia (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Luxembourg – Last 5 Match Results
- June 17, 2023 – Luxembourg [2 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- June 21, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [0 – 2] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 09, 2023 – Luxembourg [3 – 1] Iceland (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 12, 2023 – Portugal [9 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 1] Luxembourg (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
Slovakia – Last 5 Match Results
- June 18, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 2] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- June 21, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 1] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 09, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 1] Portugal (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 12, 2023 – Slovakia [3 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2023 – Portugal [3 – 2] Slovakia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)