The Colombia national team will face the Uruguay national team in 3e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Thursday, October 12, 2023. Live streaming of Colombia vs Uruguay, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
The highly anticipated football match between Colombia and Uruguay is about to take place. This match is part of the 2026 World Cup qualifiers for the South American region and is scheduled to take place on Thursday 12 October at noon. Initial predictions suggest that this match may be slightly tilted in favor of the home team, Colombia, but the possibility of this match ending in a draw is very likely.
Colombia has shown a very impressive performance in recent times. They are unbeaten in the last 13 matches, with 10 wins. On the other hand, Uruguay seems to struggle a bit when playing at home, with only 2 wins from the last 8 away matches.
Playing at home is certainly an advantage for Colombia. They have shown a strong performance at home, with wins in the last 2 matches in World Cup qualifying. More than that, they didn’t even let the opponent score a goal back.
However, both teams are likely to be missing some of their key players in this match due to injury. Colombia will lose several stars such as Stefan Medina, Yerry Mina, Jefferson Lerma and Johan Carbone. Meanwhile, Uruguay will also lose several important players such as Guillermo Varela, Sebastian Coates, Jose Gimenez and Jonathan Rodriguez.
Uruguay have won the right to attend the World Cup finals four times in a row, their goal is to attend the world’s biggest football festival for the fifth time. Coach Diego Alonso brought La Celeste to the tournament in Qatar in 2022, but the South American team was disappointed because they could not qualify for the group stage, they were ranked 3rd in their group with 4 points and were only behind Korea.
After Alonso’s departure in February, Uruguay was led by Marcelo Broli, then they appointed coach Marcelo Bielsa in May this year. The former Leeds United coach made his debut with wins over Nicaragua and Cuba in friendly matches, before hosting Chile in the first qualifying match for the 2026 World Cup in South America. Uruguay played extremely well to win 3-1 in Montevideo, Nicolas de la Cruz shining with two goals and the rest of the away team’s goals scored by Federico Valverde.
After failing to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, Colombia is very determined to perform well in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers. They don’t want to miss out for the second time in a row at the biggest football event in the world. With the 2026 World Cup expanded to 48 teams, the chances of Colombia taking part in a tournament that will take place in two years are huge.
With high performance and the advantage of playing at home, it is very likely that Colombia will achieve victory over Uruguayan players. However, in terms of performance, Uruguay is not an easy team to beat with 4 wins, 1 draw and only 1 loss after 6 matches played in 2023. Therefore, this match is predicted to be fierce and interesting to watch.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Colombia vs Uruguay match at Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez Stadium, Barranquilla can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 3e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 16:30 ET.
|Match||Colombia vs. Uruguay|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||3e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez Stadium, Barranquilla|
|Date||Thursday, October 12, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Colombia vs Uruguay matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Colombia (4-3-3)||Uruguay (4-2-3-1)|
|Sinisterra||De La Cruz|
5 H2H Latest Colombia – Uruguay
- October 08, 2021 – Uruguay [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- July 04, 2021 – Uruguay [0 – 0 P] Colombia (League)
- November 14, 2020 – Colombia [0 – 3] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2016 – Colombia [2 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2015 – Uruguay [3 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Colombia – Last 5 Match Results
- March 28, 2023 – Japan [1 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Iraq (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Germany [0 – 2] Colombia (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2023 – Colombia [1 – 0] Venezuela (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Chile [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Uruguay – Last 5 Match Results
- March 28, 2023 – South Korea [1 – 2] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- June 15, 2023 – Uruguay [4 – 1] Nicaragua (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Uruguay [2 – 0] Cuba (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2023 – Uruguay [3 – 1] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)