The Rennes team will challenge the Paris Saint-Germain team in a French Ligue 1 Matchday 8 in Roazhon Park Stadium, Rennes on Sunday, October 08, 2023. For streaming coverage of Rennes vs PSG, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Rennes will host PSG at home in the final match of Week 8 of Ligue 1 2023/24. This is a very difficult match for the defending Ligue 1 champions because they are unstable and have to face an opponent who is unbeaten in this competition.
Rennes have had a pretty impressive start to the season as they are yet to lose in Ligue 1 after 7 weeks. They have achieved 2 wins and 5 draws, are ranked 6th in the standings with 11 points. However, they had to suffer their first defeat of the season when they lost to Villarreal in the Europa League group stage.
Home is where Rennes is very strong and difficult to beat. They have maintained a record of 11 matches without losing in all competitions at home, with 8 wins and 3 draws. They also held PSG to a 1-1 draw at home last season. With almost complete strength, coach Bruno Genesio will be confident to make things difficult for PSG in this match.
On the other hand, PSG have shown clear progress in terms of play and balance under coach Luis Enrique. However, the Paris capital team cannot maintain their current stability. They did not win in the last two matches, drawing against Clermont in Ligue 1, and losing to Newcastle United in the Champions League. Lucho’s tactical decisions in these two matches also made many people doubt his ability to lead PSG.
After 9 matches in all competitions this season, PSG only won 4, drew 3, lost 2 and is considered the worst start since Qatar took control of the club. What’s interesting is that PSG only won 1 of the last 6 away matches (3 draws, 2 defeats). If they lose points again at Rennes this time, PSG will face a new crisis.
PSG also doesn’t have the best strength for this match. They will lose Sergio Rico, Marco Asensio and Nuno Mendes due to injury, while it is still uncertain that Presnel Kimpembe will be able to play after recovering from injury. However, this is not very important for PSG. Lucho still has the “wings” Ousmane Dembele and Kylian Mbappe to make the difference in this match. However, he had to adjust his tactics and rearrange several positions so that PSG played more effectively.
As the defending champion and having many star players, Paris SG can be said to be stronger than Rennes. However, they are unstable and have to face an unbeaten opponent in Ligue 1. Rennes also has almost complete home advantage and strength. Therefore, this match will be very tense and difficult to predict.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain match at Roazhon Park Stadium, Rennes can be watched live streaming. Ligue 1 2023/2024 Matchday 8 match broadcast on beIN Sports starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Stade Rennais FC vs. Paris Saint-Germain|
|Competition||2023/2024 Ligue 1|
|Match day||Matchday 8|
|Venue||Roazhon Park Stadium, Rennes|
|Date||Sunday, October 08, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN Sports|
|Streaming Link||beIN Sports|
See also info regarding other Rennes vs PSG matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Rennes (4-2-3-1)||Paris Saint-Germain (3-4-3)|
5 H2H Latest Rennes – Paris Saint-Germain
- March 19, 2023 – PSG [0 – 2] Rennes (Ligue 1)
- January 16, 2023 – Rennes [1 – 0] PSG (Ligue 1)
- February 12, 2022 – PSG [1 – 0] Rennes (Ligue 1)
- October 03, 2021 – Rennes [2 – 0] PSG (Ligue 1)
- May 10, 2021 – Rennes [1 – 1] PSG (Ligue 1)
Rennes – Last 5 Match Results
- September 16, 2023 – Rennes [2 – 2] Lille OSC (Ligue 1)
- September 22, 2023 – Rennes [3 – 0] Maccabi Haifa (UEFA Europa League)
- September 24, 2023 – Montpellier [0 – 0] Rennes (Ligue 1)
- October 02, 2023 – Rennes [3 – 1] Nantes (Ligue 1)
- October 06, 2023 – Villarreal [1 – 0] Rennes (UEFA Europa League)
Paris Saint-Germain – Last 5 Match Results
- September 16, 2023 – PSG [2 – 3] OGC-Nice (Ligue 1)
- September 20, 2023 – PSG [2 – 0] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Champions League)
- September 25, 2023 – PSG [4 – 0] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
- September 30, 2023 – Clermont [0 – 0] PSG (Ligue 1)
- October 05, 2023 – Newcastle United [4 – 1] PSG (UEFA Champions League)