The West Ham United team will challenge the Newcastle United team in a Premier League Matchday 8 in London Stadium Stadium, London on Sunday, October 08, 2023. For streaming coverage of West Ham United vs Newcastle United, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
West Ham will face Newcastle in the 8th match of the 2023/24 Premier League on Sunday, October 8 2023 morning. This match is considered one of the hottest matches this week because both teams have shown impressive performances in the last few matches.
West Ham is in very good condition having only lost 2 of the last 10 matches in all competitions. This defeat is understandable because they had to meet Liverpool and Man City, the two strongest teams in England at the moment. West Ham have also just extended their winning streak to 3 after beating Freiburg with a score of 2-1 in the Europa League midweek. Returning to their headquarters at London Stadium, West Ham are very confident about hosting Newcastle with a record of winning 3 of the last 4 matches at home.
On the other hand, Newcastle is also in extraordinary form by being unbeaten in the last 5 matches. They have a balanced squad on all fronts, with a solid defense and effective attack. Newcastle also just made a big surprise by destroying PSG with a score of 4-1 in the Champions League midweek. Even though they have to play at their opponent’s home ground, Newcastle remains optimistic that they can get 3 points if they can take advantage of the opportunities that exist.
This match is predicted to take place with a high tempo and high intensity, because both teams have an attacking and aggressive playing style. West Ham will rely on their collective strength and fighting spirit, while Newcastle will rely on their speed and creativity.
In terms of statistics, West Ham has a better record than Newcastle in several aspects. West Ham have always scored in 17 consecutive home matches in all official competitions, while Newcastle have only scored in 9 of their last 12 away matches. West Ham also excels in terms of ball possession, passing accuracy and number of shots.
However, Newcastle has a better record than West Ham in terms of head-to-head. In the last 10 meetings between the two teams, Newcastle won 6 times, drew 2 times and lost 2 times. Newcastle have also won 3 of their last 4 visits to West Ham.
In terms of strength information, West Ham has to face several injury problems to key players. Aaron Cresswell and Ben Johnson are confirmed to be absent due to injury, while it is still doubtful whether Michail Antonio will appear or not.
Newcastle is also not free from injury problems. They had to lose Sven Botman, Joe Willock and Harvey Barnes due to injury, while Callum Wilson and Joelinton still had minor injuries. Apart from that, Gordon also had to be absent due to suspension.
Reflecting on the latest experience of the two teams, Newcastle is estimated to still be superior and can win by a narrow score over West Ham.
Live Stream & How To Watch
West Ham United vs Newcastle United match at London Stadium Stadium, London can be watched live streaming. Premier League 2023/2024 Matchday 8 match broadcast on Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV starting 09:00 ET.
|Match||West Ham United vs. Newcastle United|
|Competition||2023/2024 Premier League|
|Match day||Matchday 8|
|Venue||London Stadium Stadium, London|
|Date||Sunday, October 08, 2023|
|Official TV||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
|Streaming Link||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
See also info regarding other West Ham United vs Newcastle United matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|West Ham United (4-2-3-1)||Newcastle United (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest West Ham United – Newcastle United
- April 06, 2023 – West Ham United [1 – 5] Newcastle United (EPL)
- February 05, 2023 – Newcastle United [1 – 1] West Ham United (EPL)
- February 19, 2022 – West Ham United [1 – 1] Newcastle United (EPL)
- August 15, 2021 – Newcastle United [2 – 4] West Ham United (EPL)
- April 17, 2021 – Newcastle United [3 – 2] West Ham United (EPL)
West Ham United – Last 5 Match Results
- September 22, 2023 – West Ham United [3 – 1] TSC (UEFA Europa League)
- September 24, 2023 – Liverpool [3 – 1] West Ham United (EPL)
- September 28, 2023 – Lincoln City [0 – 1] West Ham United (League Cup)
- September 30, 2023 – West Ham United [2 – 0] Sheffield United (EPL)
- October 05, 2023 – Freiburg [1 – 2] West Ham United (UEFA Europa League)
Newcastle United – Last 5 Match Results
- September 19, 2023 – Milan [0 – 0] Newcastle United (UEFA Champions League)
- September 24, 2023 – Sheffield United [0 – 8] Newcastle United (EPL)
- September 28, 2023 – Newcastle United [1 – 0] Manchester City (League Cup)
- September 30, 2023 – Newcastle United [2 – 0] Burnley (EPL)
- October 05, 2023 – Newcastle United [4 – 1] PSG (UEFA Champions League)