The Borussia Dortmund team will challenge the AC Milan team in a 2e ronde UEFA Champions League in SIGNAL IDUNA PARK Stadium, Dortmund on Wednesday, October 04, 2023. For streaming coverage of Borussia Dortmund vs AC Milan, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
In the context of the Champions League group stage, Dortmund will host AC Milan at Signal Iduna Park at home on Wednesday (4/10) afternoon. This is the most interesting match in Group G, because both teams are strong candidates to take top position in the group, along with the other two opponents, namely Newcastle and PSG. Who will benefit after this fight?
Dortmund are in excellent form in the Bundesliga, as they lead the standings with 16 points from 6 matches, 2 points ahead of Bayern Munich in second place. They have won 5 wins and only lost 1 against Freiburg. They also have the highest goal difference in the league with 20 goals and 7 conceded.
However, Dortmund could not maintain that form in the Champions League, when they lost 0-2 to PSG in the first match. Marco Rose’s troops have been completely dominated by the French team in terms of play and scoring opportunities. They need to improve a lot if they want to go far in this competition.
AC Milan is also a tough team in Serie A, as they are in second place in the standings with 13 points, only losing 1 point to Inter in first place. They have achieved 3 consecutive wins over Verona, Cagliari and Lazio, scoring 9 goals and conceding only 2 goals.
But Milan also showed instability when they could not beat the two strongest opponents they faced this season, namely Inter and Newcastle. They were beaten by Inter with a score of 1-5 in the Milan derby, and were held to a 0-0 draw by Newcastle at home in the inaugural Champions League match. They need to prove their abilities when facing the best European teams.
Regarding meeting records, Dortmund and AC Milan have met 6 times in history, with 3 wins for Dortmund, 2 wins for Milan and 1 draw. The last meeting between the two teams was in 2017 at the Audi Cup friendly tournament, when Dortmund beat Milan with a score of 3-1.
The match between Dortmund and Milan will be a fierce and dramatic battle. Both teams have their own strengths and weaknesses, and will try hard to achieve victory outside the domestic league. It seems that Dortmund will have the advantage due to the more stable and effective performance of their attack line.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Borussia Dortmund vs AC Milan match at SIGNAL IDUNA PARK Stadium, Dortmund can be watched live streaming. UEFA Champions League 2023/2024 2e ronde match broadcast on CBS Sports or Paramount+ starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Borussia Dortmund vs. Milan|
|Competition||2023/2024 UEFA Champions League|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||SIGNAL IDUNA PARK Stadium, Dortmund|
|Date||Wednesday, October 04, 2023|
|Official TV||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
|Streaming Link||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
See also info regarding other Borussia Dortmund vs AC Milan matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Borussia Dortmund (4-3-3)||AC Milan (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Borussia Dortmund – AC Milan
- July 18, 2017 – Milan [1 – 3] Borussia Dortmund (League)
- March 18, 2003 – Milan [0 – 1] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Champions League)
- December 11, 2002 – Borussia Dortmund [0 – 1] Milan (UEFA Champions League)
- April 10, 2002 – Milan [3 – 1] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Europa League)
- April 04, 2002 – Borussia Dortmund [4 – 0] Milan (UEFA Europa League)
Borussia Dortmund – Last 5 Match Results
- September 02, 2023 – Borussia Dortmund [2 – 2] Heidenheim (Bundesliga)
- September 16, 2023 – Freiburg [2 – 4] Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)
- September 20, 2023 – PSG [2 – 0] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Champions League)
- September 23, 2023 – Borussia Dortmund [1 – 0] Wolfsburg (Bundesliga)
- September 30, 2023 – Hoffenheim [1 – 3] Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)
AC Milan – Last 5 Match Results
- September 16, 2023 – Inter Milan [5 – 1] Milan (Serie A)
- September 19, 2023 – Milan [0 – 0] Newcastle United (UEFA Champions League)
- September 23, 2023 – Milan [1 – 0] Verona (Serie A)
- September 27, 2023 – Cagliari [1 – 3] Milan (Serie A)
- September 30, 2023 – Milan [2 – 0] Lazio (Serie A)