The Le Havre team will challenge the Lille OSC team in a Matchday 7 French Ligue 1 in Stade Océane Stadium, Le Havre on Sunday, October 01, 2023. For streaming coverage of Le Havre vs Lille LOSC, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Le Havre will look to maintain their impressive form in Ligue 1 when they host Lille at the Stade Oceane on Sunday morning. The newly promoted team have lost just one of their six matches since moving up, while Lille have yet to find their consistency this season.
Le Havre are in seventh place after six games, an achievement that must have made their manager Luka Elsner very happy. The 41-year-old Slovenian coach managed to get his team past their first two winless matches with a record of four unbeaten matches, including two wins and two draws.
The team from Normandy also performed productively in front of goal, scoring 10 goals, only losing to four other teams in Ligue 1. On the other hand, they were also quite solid at the back, conceding only seven goals, the same as four other teams. Thus, Le Havre has a good chance of achieving another positive result this weekend.
Lille, on the other hand, failed to capitalize on a dominant 70% possession and 14 shots at home, and had to concede a 2-1 lead to Reims in midweek, having trailed by two goals in the first 16 minutes before reducing the lead through Benjamin Andre.
Tuesday’s defeat ended a four-match unbeaten streak for Les Dogues, who previously picked up a Europa Conference League playoff win and positive results against Montpellier and Rennes, as well as starting their European campaign with a 2-0 win over NK Olimpija Ljubljana.
However, it cannot be denied that Paulo Fonseca’s team has lacked consistency in Ligue 1 this season, as they have only achieved two wins, two draws and two defeats from six matches, scoring eight goals and conceding nine.
What about the players? Le Havre are reportedly unable to field injured Alois Confais, Antoine Joujou and Oussama Targhalline this weekend, while the fitness of Josue Casimir and Loic Nego are also doubtful.
Lille also have their own injury problems, with Nabil Bentaleb (muscle), Tiago Djalo (knee), Adam Ounas (muscle) and Samuel Umtiti (head) confirmed to be absent from this Sunday’s match. Jonathan David, their main striker, will remain the spearhead in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Looking at all the possibilities, Le Havre are in good form and have high confidence, while Lille are still looking for their rhythm in the league. The home team could take advantage of Lille’s weaknesses at the back and steal a win at home.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Le Havre vs Lille OSC match at Stade Océane Stadium, Le Havre can be watched live streaming. Ligue 1 2023/2024 Matchday 7 match broadcast on beIN Sports starting 09:00 ET.
|Match||Le Havre vs. Lille OSC|
|Competition||2023/2024 Ligue 1|
|Match day||Matchday 7|
|Venue||Stade Océane Stadium, Le Havre|
|Date||Sunday, October 01, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN Sports|
|Streaming Link||beIN Sports|
See also info regarding other Le Havre vs Lille LOSC matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Le Havre (4-1-4-1)||Lille OSC (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Le Havre – Lille OSC
- July 26, 2023 – Lille OSC [3 – 2] Le Havre (Club Friendlies)
- July 13, 2012 – Le Havre [1 – 2] Lille OSC (Club Friendlies)
- May 24, 2009 – Le Havre [0 – 1] Lille OSC (Ligue 1)
- December 21, 2008 – Lille OSC [3 – 1] Le Havre (Ligue 1)
- December 20, 2002 – Lille OSC [1 – 0] Le Havre (Ligue 1)
Le Havre – Last 5 Match Results
- August 27, 2023 – Rennes [2 – 2] Le Havre (Ligue 1)
- September 03, 2023 – Le Havre [3 – 0] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- September 08, 2023 – Le Havre [1 – 0] Caen (Club Friendlies)
- September 18, 2023 – Lyon [0 – 0] Le Havre (Ligue 1)
- September 24, 2023 – Le Havre [2 – 1] Clermont (Ligue 1)
Lille OSC – Last 5 Match Results
- September 01, 2023 – Rijeka [1 – 1] Lille OSC (Europa Conference League)
- September 03, 2023 – Lille OSC [1 – 0] Montpellier (Ligue 1)
- September 16, 2023 – Rennes [2 – 2] Lille OSC (Ligue 1)
- September 20, 2023 – Lille OSC [2 – 0] Olimpija (Europa Conference League)
- September 27, 2023 – Lille OSC [1 – 2] Reims (Ligue 1)