The Monaco team will challenge the Marseille team in a Matchday 7 French Ligue 1 in Louis II Stadium, Monaco on Saturday, September 30, 2023. For streaming coverage of Monaco vs Marseille (OM), preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Marseille are the most ‘on fire’ team in Ligue 1. They have won all their first 3 games and are at the top of the standings. This is similar to last season, when Marseille also won the first 6 matches with a pragmatic playing style, scoring 9 goals and conceding only 1 goal.
Marseille have received additional quality from Dimitri Payet, who has scored 3 goals and provided 2 assists in the first 3 matches. Together with Gignac, who also has 3 goals, Payet has formed a deadly duo in Marseille’s attack. However, Marseille’s main strength remained in the back line which played solidly and aggressively. They have received 9 yellow cards in 3 matches, showing their determination and fighting spirit.
At home, the Velodrome, Marseille currently has a record of 9 matches without losing, with 7 wins. They have scored 18 goals and conceded only 5 goals in this period. Marseille will be a tough opponent for anyone who comes as a guest.
On the other hand, Monaco had lost 0-1 to Nice at home in the previous match. This was their first defeat after 5 consecutive unbeaten matches. However, Monaco is still ranked 4th in the standings with 11 points, only 2 points behind leaders Brest.
Monaco have had an impressive start to Ligue 1, beating Bordeaux 2-0 and Montpellier 4-1. However, the 0-0 draw against Toulouse has exposed the weaknesses of Niko Kovac’s side. Despite controlling the ball up to 60%, Monaco could not score a goal against the opponent. The attack line with Falcao as the spearhead lacked support from the midfielders. The Colombian striker was always closely guarded and had no dangerous opportunities.
Before visiting Marseille headquarters, Monaco received good news when James Rodriguez had recovered from injury. The Colombian midfielder will be a determining factor for Monaco with his ability to create and provide passes. In the situation where Joao Moutinho is still not fit, Rodriguez will be the most important player in Monaco’s midfield.
Monaco has won 5 of the last 6 matches and conceded only 4 goals. However, neither Bordeaux, Montpellier nor Toulouse could put much pressure on Monaco. The center back pair Carvalho – Abidal still cannot prove their reliability. Monaco has a strong attack line but a weak back line.
If Marseille will not be at full strength when Kondogbia, Sarr and Gueye are unable to play due to injuries and suspensions, then on the visiting side, Monaco will be without the suspended Golovin. Apart from that, Ben Seghir, Diop, Salisu and Embolo are also absent due to injury.
The two teams can be said to be quite balanced at the moment, Monaco has the advantage in terms of player quality, but Marseille has the advantage in terms of home ground and performance. However, it is estimated that the home team can maintain three points in the match in Week 7 of Ligue 1 2023/24.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Monaco vs Marseille match at Louis II Stadium, Monaco can be watched live streaming. Ligue 1 2023/2024 Matchday 7 match broadcast on beIN Sports starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||AS Monaco vs. Olympique de Marseille|
|Competition||2023/2024 Ligue 1|
|Match day||Matchday 7|
|Venue||Louis II Stadium, Monaco|
|Date||Saturday, September 30, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN Sports|
|Streaming Link||beIN Sports|
See also info regarding other Monaco vs Marseille (OM) matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Monaco (3-4-2-1)||Marseille (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Monaco – Marseille
- January 29, 2023 – Olympique-Marseille [1 – 1] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- November 14, 2022 – AS-Monaco [2 – 3] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
- March 07, 2022 – Olympique-Marseille [0 – 1] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- September 12, 2021 – AS-Monaco [0 – 2] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
- January 24, 2021 – AS-Monaco [3 – 1] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
Monaco – Last 5 Match Results
- August 21, 2023 – AS-Monaco [3 – 0] Strasbourg (Ligue 1)
- August 26, 2023 – Nantes [3 – 3] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- September 03, 2023 – AS-Monaco [3 – 0] RCLens (Ligue 1)
- September 17, 2023 – Lorient [2 – 2] AS-Monaco (Ligue 1)
- September 23, 2023 – AS-Monaco [0 – 1] OGC-Nice (Ligue 1)
Marseille – Last 5 Match Results
- August 27, 2023 – Olympique-Marseille [2 – 0] Brest (Ligue 1)
- September 02, 2023 – Nantes [1 – 1] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)
- September 17, 2023 – Olympique-Marseille [0 – 0] Toulouse (Ligue 1)
- September 22, 2023 – AFC Ajax [3 – 3] Olympique-Marseille (UEFA Europa League)
- September 25, 2023 – PSG [4 – 0] Olympique-Marseille (Ligue 1)