The Chelsea team will challenge the Brighton team in a 3e ronde EFL Carabao Cup in Stamford Bridge Stadium, London on Wednesday, September 27, 2023. For streaming coverage of Chelsea vs Brighton, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Chelsea will host Brighton at Stamford Bridge in the third round of the 2023/24 English League Cup. This match will take place on Thursday, September 28 2023 evening local time.
Chelsea is in a big crisis. They couldn’t win and couldn’t score in the last three matches. This poor performance meant coach Mauricio Pochettino failed to live up to fans’ expectations: The Blues only won two, drew two and lost three in seven official matches.
However, these two rare wins were only obtained when Chelsea hosted weak teams at Stamford Bridge: one against AFC Wimbledon in the second round of the League Cup and another against Luton, a newly promoted team in the Premier League.
Apart from that, if you don’t count friendly matches, Chelsea have never beaten Brighton in the last five meetings with a record of three draws and two defeats. In fact, in two matches last season in the Premier League, ‘The Seagull’ always won, both at home and away.
It is also worth emphasizing that Brighton are doing very well in the domestic league with five wins and just one defeat. Manchester Utd and Newcastle are Brighton’s victims this season.
The pressure Chelsea is experiencing is not commensurate with the money spent this season. Chelsea is one of the teams that is spending a lot of money in the 2023 summer transfer market. However, the results on the pitch are in stark contrast to their investment. In all competitions, Chelsea only won two of seven matches.
Returning to the third round of the English League Cup tonight, Chelsea will most likely get a disappointing result, despite playing at Stamford Bridge. Don’t forget, the Blues will go into this match with a force decimated by injuries to the likes of Reece James, Trevoh Chalobah, Marcus Bettinelli, Wesley Fofana, Benoît Badiashile, Romeo Lavia, Carney Chukwuemeka and Christopher Nkunku.
Meanwhile, Brighton came to Stamford Bridge without Evan Ferguson, Julio Enciso and Jakub Moder due to injuries and physical problems. However, if injuries make Chelsea weak, then the absence of these players will not have much impact on Roberto De Zerbi’s current team.
With current conditions and performance, Chelsea will again experience heavy pressure from their opponents. The Blues really need a win to improve things, but Brighton is not easy to bully.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Chelsea vs Brighton match at Stamford Bridge Stadium, London can be watched live streaming. League Cup 2023/2024 3e ronde match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Chelsea vs. Brighton & Hove Albion|
|Competition||2023/2024 League Cup (EFL Carabao Cup)|
|Match day||3e ronde|
|Venue||Stamford Bridge Stadium, London|
|Date||Wednesday, September 27, 2023|
See also info regarding other Chelsea vs Brighton matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Chelsea (4-2-3-1)||Brighton (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Chelsea – Brighton
- July 23, 2023 – Chelsea [4 – 3] Brighton & Hove Albion (Club Friendlies)
- April 15, 2023 – Chelsea [1 – 2] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- October 29, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [4 – 1] Chelsea (EPL)
- January 19, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 1] Chelsea (EPL)
- December 30, 2021 – Chelsea [1 – 1] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
Chelsea – Last 5 Match Results
- August 26, 2023 – Chelsea [3 – 0] Luton Town (EPL)
- August 31, 2023 – Chelsea [2 – 1] AFC Wimbledon (League Cup)
- September 02, 2023 – Chelsea [0 – 1] Nottingham (EPL)
- September 17, 2023 – AFC Bournemouth [0 – 0] Chelsea (EPL)
- September 24, 2023 – Chelsea [0 – 1] Aston Villa (EPL)
Brighton – Last 5 Match Results
- August 26, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 3] West Ham United (EPL)
- September 02, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [3 – 1] Newcastle United (EPL)
- September 16, 2023 – Manchester United [1 – 3] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- September 22, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [2 – 3] AEK Athens (UEFA Europa League)
- September 24, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [3 – 1] AFC Bournemouth (EPL)