The M’gladbach team will challenge the RB Leipzig team in a Matchday 5 German Bundesliga in Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK Stadium, Mönchengladbach on Saturday, September 23, 2023. For streaming coverage of M’gladbach vs RB Leipzig, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
M’Gladbach will host Leipzig in Week 5 of the 2023/24 Bundesliga on Saturday (23/9/2023). This is a very interesting match between two teams who have big ambitions this season. However, both of them are in very different situations.
M’Gladbach is experiencing a winning crisis. They have not won in the last five matches in all competitions (lost 3, drew 2). In the previous week, they almost lost to Darmstadt, a weakly promoted team.
They trailed by three goals in the first half, but were lucky to equalize in the second half because Darmstadt lost a player. However, the draw was not enough to restore their confidence.
Meanwhile, Leipzig is a very tough opponent for M’Gladbach. They are at their best. They won four times in a row with a big goal difference. They only lost by two points to Leverkusen and Bayern, the two strongest teams in Germany. Leipzig also have a good record against M’Gladbach. They have won eight of the last 14 meetings, including a 3-0 win in March this year.
M’Gladbach will play at home, but that does not guarantee they will get a positive result. They also have to face injury problems from several important players such as Kone, Kramer, Lainer and Omlin. Cvancara and Olschowsky are also not certain to be able to play.
Meanwhile, Leipzig also has several absent players such as Bitshiabu, Haidara, Olmo and Orban. However, they still have a squad strong enough to overcome M’Gladbach.
This match will most likely be a high tempo and lots of goals. Five of the last six matches between the two teams have ended with more than two goals. Four of Leipzig’s last five matches were the same.
Both teams have an aggressive playing style and often create opportunities from the wings. This makes the number of corner kicks high. The last three games between the two teams have had at least 11 corners. Five of Leipzig’s last six matches have also had more than 10 corners.
Judging from the strength side, Leipzig is clearly superior in terms of quality and morale. They have won four in a row, while M’Gladbach have lost three of the last four matches. Leipzig are very sharp in front of goal. They scored at least two goals in the last seven matches in the Bundesliga. This shows that their attack line is in top condition.
Live Stream & How To Watch
M’gladbach vs RB Leipzig match at Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK Stadium, Mönchengladbach can be watched live streaming. Bundesliga 2023/2024 Matchday 5 match broadcast on ESPN starting 09:30 ET.
|Match||M’gladbach vs. RB Leipzig|
|Match day||Matchday 5|
|Venue||Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK Stadium, Mönchengladbach|
|Date||Saturday, September 23, 2023|
See also info regarding other M’gladbach vs RB Leipzig matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|M’gladbach (4-2-3-1)||RB Leipzig (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest M’gladbach – RB Leipzig
- March 11, 2023 – RB Leipzig [3 – 0] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
- September 17, 2022 – Borussia M’gladbach [3 – 0] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
- May 03, 2022 – Borussia M’gladbach [3 – 1] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
- December 11, 2021 – RB Leipzig [4 – 1] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
- February 28, 2021 – RB Leipzig [3 – 2] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
M’gladbach – Last 5 Match Results
- August 19, 2023 – Augsburg [4 – 4] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
- August 26, 2023 – Borussia M’gladbach [0 – 3] Bayer Leverkusen (Bundesliga)
- September 02, 2023 – Borussia M’gladbach [1 – 2] Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)
- September 07, 2023 – Borussia M’gladbach [0 – 1] Werder Bremen (Club Friendlies)
- September 17, 2023 – Darmstadt [3 – 3] Borussia M’gladbach (Bundesliga)
RB Leipzig – Last 5 Match Results
- August 19, 2023 – Bayer Leverkusen [3 – 2] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
- August 26, 2023 – RB Leipzig [5 – 1] Stuttgart (Bundesliga)
- September 03, 2023 – Union Berlin [0 – 3] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
- September 16, 2023 – RB Leipzig [3 – 0] Augsburg (Bundesliga)
- September 19, 2023 – Young Boys [1 – 3] RB Leipzig (UEFA Champions League)