The FC Twente team will challenge the AFC Ajax team in a Matchday 5 Dutch Eredivisie in De Grolsch Veste Stadium, Enschede on Sunday, September 17, 2023. For streaming coverage of FC Twente vs AFC Ajax, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
On Sunday, 17 September 2023, the De Grolsch Veste stadium will witness the exciting match between Twente and Ajax in the continuation of week 5 of the Dutch Eredivisie National Championship. Both teams have big ambitions to win and improve their position in the standings. Who will come out as the winner in this match?
Twente is one of the teams that always performs well every season with a fairly stable performance from before until now. The proof is, in the last 5 matches, Twente achieved 3 wins and 2 defeats, so they are in third place with 9 points from the 3 matches played. Twente has also never lost at home this season, with a record of 2 wins and 1 draw.
Twente has strength in their attack, with Danilo being the team’s top scorer with 4 goals. Apart from that, they also have Vaessen and Menig who are able to provide mature passes for their colleagues. In defense, Twente is also quite solid with Pierie and Dumic as mainstay central defenders. Coach Ron Jans certainly hopes that his team can continue their positive trend and beat Ajax in front of their own supporters.
On the other hand, even though Ajax is one of the most favored teams in the highest tournament in the Netherlands, they have not been able to prove that this season with unsatisfactory results and rankings.
Of the last 5 matches, Ajax only won 2 times, drew 2 times and lost 1 time, meanwhile they only got 5 points from the 3 matches that have passed and are in 11th position. Ajax has also never won away from home this season, with a record of 1 draw and 1 defeat.
Ajax did have problems in their back line, with Blind and Schuurs often making fatal mistakes which resulted in goals for the opponent. In midfield, Ajax also lacked creativity with Gravenberch and Klaassen unable to make maximum contributions.
Meanwhile, on the front line, Ajax still relies on Hallér as the main striker, but he has not been able to show his sharpness by only scoring 2 goals. Coach Erik ten Hag certainly wants his team to bounce back and take home the 3 points they deserve.
With the advantage of playing at home, Twente has the advantage of playing in front of its fans and has performed better than Ajax this season. Therefore, Twente has a chance of winning over Ajax.
Live Stream & How To Watch
FC Twente vs AFC Ajax match at De Grolsch Veste Stadium, Enschede can be watched live streaming. Eredivisie 2023/2024 Matchday 5 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 08:30 ET.
|Match||FC Twente vs. AFC Ajax|
|Match day||Matchday 5|
|Venue||De Grolsch Veste Stadium, Enschede|
|Date||Sunday, September 17, 2023|
See also info regarding other FC Twente vs AFC Ajax matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|FC Twente (4-5-1)||AFC Ajax (4-5-1)|
|Kjolo||Van Den Boomen|
5 H2H Latest FC Twente – AFC Ajax
- May 28, 2023 – FC Twente [3 – 1] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
- February 10, 2023 – FC Twente [0 – 1] AFC Ajax (League)
- January 15, 2023 – AFC Ajax [0 – 0] FC Twente (Eredivisie)
- February 13, 2022 – AFC Ajax [5 – 0] FC Twente (Eredivisie)
- August 22, 2021 – FC Twente [1 – 1] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
FC Twente – Last 5 Match Results
- August 18, 2023 – Riga [0 – 3] FC Twente (Europa Conference League)
- August 20, 2023 – FC Twente [3 – 1] PEC Zwolle (Eredivisie)
- August 25, 2023 – Fenerbahce [5 – 1] FC Twente (Europa Conference League)
- September 01, 2023 – FC Twente [0 – 1] Fenerbahce (Europa Conference League)
- September 03, 2023 – Volendam [0 – 2] FC Twente (Eredivisie)
AFC Ajax – Last 5 Match Results
- August 14, 2023 – AFC Ajax [0 – 1] GA-Eagles (Club Friendlies)
- August 19, 2023 – Excelsior [2 – 2] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)
- August 25, 2023 – Ludogorets [1 – 4] AFC Ajax (UEFA Europa League)
- September 01, 2023 – AFC Ajax [0 – 1] Ludogorets (UEFA Europa League)
- September 03, 2023 – Fortuna Sittard [0 – 0] AFC Ajax (Eredivisie)