The Manchester United team will challenge the Brighton team in a Matchday 5 Premier League in Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester on Saturday, September 16, 2023. For streaming coverage of Man Utd vs Brighton, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
After taking a short break to provide an opportunity for national team matches, the Premier League will return this weekend with many interesting matches. One of them is the match between Manchester United and Brighton at Old Trafford on Saturday (16/9) which is predicted to be a fierce and dramatic battle.
Man Utd is having difficulty catching up with the top flight, with only pocketing 6 points from 4 matches. They have lost twice at home against Tottenham and Arsenal, and only managed two wins at home against Nottingham Forest and Wolves.
Erik ten Hag’s team has also had to suffer from a long injury list, which includes many important names such as Antony, Mason Mount, Sofyan Amrabat, Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane and Luke Shaw.
Brighton on the other hand is having an impressive start to the season, picking up 9 points from 4 matches, ranking 6th in the standings. Evan Ferguson’s team has played very well and effectively, winning three times and losing only once against Liverpool.
Brighton have also shown their toughness when facing big teams, managing to hold Chelsea to a draw and beat Arsenal last season.
In the history of meetings between these two teams, Man Utd is superior with 17 wins, 6 draws and 4 defeats. However, in the last two meetings in the Premier League last season, Brighton made the ‘Red Devils’ have to swallow the bitter pill by winning twice with a score of 3-2 and 2-1.
This match promises to be a merciless war between two teams that have an attractive attacking playing style. In Brighton’s last few matches, an average of 4.5 goals were scored per match. Man United also does not want to lose, having scored 17 goals in the last 20 home matches in the Premier League.
Apart from that, it is estimated that Man Utd will play to dominate and create many dangerous opportunities. However, Brighton is also not an easy team to beat, because they have the ability to turn things around quickly and create surprises.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Manchester United vs Brighton match at Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester can be watched live streaming. Premier League 2023/2024 Matchday 5 match broadcast on Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV starting 10:00 ET.
|Match||Manchester United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion|
|Competition||2023/2024 Premier League|
|Match day||Matchday 5|
|Venue||Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester|
|Date||Saturday, September 16, 2023|
|Official TV||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
|Streaming Link||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
See also info regarding other Man Utd vs Brighton matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Manchester United (4-2-3-1)||Brighton (4-2-4)|
5 H2H Latest Manchester United – Brighton
- May 05, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 0] Manchester United (EPL)
- April 23, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [0 – 0 P] Manchester United (FA Cup)
- August 07, 2022 – Manchester United [1 – 2] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- May 07, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [4 – 0] Manchester United (EPL)
- February 16, 2022 – Manchester United [2 – 0] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
Manchester United – Last 5 Match Results
- August 06, 2023 – Manchester United [1 – 1] Athletic Bilbao (Club Friendlies)
- August 15, 2023 – Manchester United [1 – 0] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- August 19, 2023 – Tottenham Hotspur [2 – 0] Manchester United (EPL)
- August 26, 2023 – Manchester United [3 – 2] Nottingham (EPL)
- September 03, 2023 – Arsenal [3 – 1] Manchester United (EPL)
Brighton – Last 5 Match Results
- August 06, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 1] Rayo Vallecano (Club Friendlies)
- August 12, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [4 – 1] Luton Town (EPL)
- August 19, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [1 – 4] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- August 26, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 3] West Ham United (EPL)
- September 02, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [3 – 1] Newcastle United (EPL)