The Mexico team will challenge the Australia team in a Friendly Match FIFA Matchday in AT&T Stadium Stadium, Arlington on Saturday, September 09, 2023. For streaming coverage of Mexico vs Australia, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Mexico will face Australia in the United States on Saturday (9/9) evening on FIFA Matchday in a friendly match between the countries. This is a match that Mexico is predicted to win easily against its opponent.
Mexico is in very impressive and strong form when taking part in the CONCACAF Nations League tournament. They have achieved 4 wins and 1 draw in the last 5 matches. They also only have to move a shorter distance compared to Australia, so they won’t be affected as much physically.
Meanwhile, Australia is not having a good performance with only winning 2 matches in the last 5 matches. What’s more, they also lost their last 2 matches in a row, including losing to Argentina when they played in China last June. This is Australia’s poor preparation for the 2026 World Cup qualification in the Asian zone.
The Socceroos need to win against Mexico in this series of friendly matches, to gain confidence and the best preparation for the World Cup qualifiers which will take place in November.
However, this is very difficult to happen when looking at the history of meetings, Australia only has a small advantage over Mexico. The two teams have met 4 times, in which Australia won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. Australia’s only defeat occurred in 2007, when they lost to Mexico 0-3 in the Copa America.
If you look at its current performance, strength and achievements, Mexico is completely superior to its opponents. They have won 5 of the last 6 matches, among them there are impressive wins over strong teams such as Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. They also have many quality and experienced players such as Chicharito, Lozano, Guardado or Ochoa.
Teams from the North America & Concacaf region are also rated higher, not only because of their big names but also in many other aspects. They were CONCACAF Nations League champions in 2021 and currently lead the region’s World Cup qualifying standings.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Mexico vs Australia match at AT&T Stadium Stadium, Arlington can be watched live streaming. Friendlies 2023 Friendly Match match broadcast on beIN SPORTS en Español starting 22:00 ET.
|Match||Mexico vs. Australia|
|Competition||FIFA Matchday (2023)|
|Match day||Friendly Match|
|Venue||AT&T Stadium Stadium, Arlington|
|Date||Saturday, September 09, 2023|
|Official TV||beIN SPORTS en Español|
|Streaming Link||beIN SPORTS en Español|
See also info regarding other Mexico vs Australia matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Mexico (4-3-3)||Australia (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Mexico – Australia
- May 30, 2001 – Mexico [0 – 2] Australia (FIFA Confederations Cup)
- December 12, 1997 – Mexico [1 – 3] Australia (FIFA Confederations Cup)
Mexico – Last 5 Match Results
- June 30, 2023 – Haiti [1 – 3] Mexico (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- July 03, 2023 – Mexico [0 – 1] Qatar (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- July 09, 2023 – Mexico [2 – 0] Costa Rica (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- July 13, 2023 – Jamaica [0 – 3] Mexico (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- July 17, 2023 – Mexico [1 – 0] Panama (Concacaf Gold Cup)
Australia – Last 5 Match Results
- November 30, 2022 – Australia [1 – 0] Denmark (FIFA World Cup)
- December 04, 2022 – Argentina [2 – 1] Australia (FIFA World Cup)
- March 24, 2023 – Australia [3 – 1] Ecuador (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Australia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Friendlies)
- June 15, 2023 – Argentina [2 – 0] Australia (Friendlies)