The Morocco national team will face the Liberia national team in 6e ronde of the African Cup Qualifiers on Saturday, September 09, 2023. Live streaming of Morocco vs Liberia, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Morocco will host Liberia at the Stade Adrar on Saturday afternoon in their final match in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying group stage. The home team has already guaranteed a place in the main event in January, while the visitors have no chance of qualifying.
Morocco suffered their first defeat of the qualifying campaign in their reverse fixture, losing 2-1 to South Africa. Hakim Ziyech reduced the scoreline in the 60th minute of the match but they failed to score an equaliser. The defeat ended their unbeaten record in qualifying since 2017.
On the other hand, Liberia are yet to win in the qualifying campaign so far, suffering two defeats in three matches. After drawing 2-2 with South Africa in March, they failed to maintain that form and lost 2-1 at home to Bafana Bafana. They only scored three goals in three games and struggled to create chances.
Regarding the history of meetings, these two teams have met four times in all competitions with only one meeting taking place in the 21st century. All four matches resulted in decided results, with three wins for Morocco and one win for Liberia. Their last meeting came in the first leg in June, with Morocco picking up a 2-0 away win.
Talking about performance, Morocco has shown impressive performance at the 2022 FIFA World Cup, but they have struggled to build momentum since then. They have only one win in their last seven matches in all competitions and have failed to score in five of those games. Head coach Walid Reragui will hope his team can put in a solid performance in this match.
In contrast, Liberia have a poor record on the road, winless in their last six matches in Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. They also failed to score in three matches in that period. Head coach Peter Butler will look to motivate his team to play with passion and avoid heavy defeats.
Although there is nothing at stake in this match for either team, considering Morocco’s superiority in terms of squad quality and home advantage, the ‘Atlas Lions’ are expected to pull off an easy win over Liberia.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Morocco vs Liberia match at Stade d’Agadir Stadium, Agadir can be watched live streaming. 2023 African Cup Qualification 2023 6e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Morocco vs. Liberia|
|Competition||African Cup Qualifiers|
|Match day||6e ronde|
|Venue||Stade d’Agadir Stadium, Agadir|
|Date||Saturday, September 09, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Morocco vs Liberia matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Morocco (4-4-2)||Liberia (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Morocco – Liberia
- June 14, 2022 – Liberia [0 – 2] Morocco (Africa Cup of Nations Qualification)
Morocco – Last 5 Match Results
- January 24, 2023 – Ghana [3 – 0] Morocco (CAF African Nations Championship)
- March 26, 2023 – Morocco [2 – 1] Brazil (Friendlies)
- March 29, 2023 – Morocco [0 – 0] Peru (Friendlies)
- June 13, 2023 – Morocco [0 – 0] Cabo Verde (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2023 – South Africa [2 – 1] Morocco (Africa Cup of Nations Qualification)
Liberia – Last 5 Match Results
- September 28, 2022 – Egypt [3 – 0] Liberia (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Gambia [Cancelled] Liberia (Friendlies)
- March 20, 2023 – Liberia [Cancelled] Zimbabwe (Africa Cup of Nations Qualification)
- March 24, 2023 – South Africa [2 – 2] Liberia (Africa Cup of Nations Qualification)
- March 28, 2023 – Liberia [1 – 2] South Africa (Africa Cup of Nations Qualification)