The Uruguay national team will face the Chile national team in 1e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Friday, September 08, 2023. Live streaming of Uruguay vs Chile, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Uruguay will host Chile in the first match of the 2026 World Cup Qualification round in South America. This match will take place at the Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, on Friday (8/9) evening.
Uruguay is one of the strongest teams in the South American region. They have been world champions twice and have just qualified for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Even though they couldn’t get into the knockout stages, Uruguay still showed their class by not losing in the last five matches and winning three in a row.
On the other hand, Chile is a team that is experiencing setbacks. They failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup and experienced a series of bad results by not winning in nine matches from March to November last year. Even though they have been playing better recently by not losing in the last four matches and winning three, Chile is still unseeded in the meeting with Uruguay.
History also shows that Uruguay is superior to Chile. In 20 meetings, Uruguay won 10 times, while Chile only won five times. The last time Chile beat Uruguay was in 2016.
For this match, Uruguay’s new coach, Marcelo Bielsa, decided not to call up two senior strikers Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez. Instead, he gave opportunities to two young strikers who play in the United States league, namely Facundo Torres (Orlando City) and Cristian Olivera (Los Angeles FC). Both have speed and creativity that can endanger Chile’s defense.
In the Chilean camp, star players such as Arturo Vidal, Gary Medel and Alexis Sanchez are still mainstays. They have the experience and abilities that can make a difference in the field. However, they also have to be careful about their physical and mental condition after failing to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
With the advantage of the field and the expertise of coach Bielsa, Uruguay has a great chance of beating Chile at home. They have a balanced and solid team on all fronts. Meanwhile, Chile is still unstable and lacks consistency in their performances.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Uruguay vs Chile match at Estadio Centenario Stadium, Montevideo can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 1e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 19:00 ET.
|Match||Uruguay vs. Chile|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||1e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Centenario Stadium, Montevideo|
|Date||Friday, September 08, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Uruguay vs Chile matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Uruguay (4-3-3)||Chile (4-4-2)|
|De La Cruz||Aranguiz|
5 H2H Latest Uruguay – Chile
- March 30, 2022 – Chile [0 – 2] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 22, 2021 – Uruguay [1 – 1] Chile (League)
- October 09, 2020 – Uruguay [2 – 1] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 25, 2019 – Chile [0 – 1] Uruguay (League)
- November 16, 2016 – Chile [3 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Uruguay – Last 5 Match Results
- December 02, 2022 – Ghana [0 – 2] Uruguay (FIFA World Cup)
- March 24, 2023 – Japan [1 – 1] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – South Korea [1 – 2] Uruguay (Friendlies)
- June 15, 2023 – Uruguay [4 – 1] Nicaragua (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Uruguay [2 – 0] Cuba (Friendlies)
Chile – Last 5 Match Results
- November 20, 2022 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Chile (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2023 – Chile [3 – 2] Paraguay (Friendlies)
- June 12, 2023 – Chile [3 – 0] Cuba (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2023 – Chile [5 – 0] Dominican Republic (Friendlies)
- June 21, 2023 – Bolivia [0 – 0] Chile (Friendlies)