The Luxembourg national team will face the Iceland national team in 5e ronde of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Friday, September 08, 2023. Live streaming of Luxembourg vs Iceland, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Luxembourg will host Iceland at the Stade Josy Barthel on Friday, 8 September 2023, in Group J of the Euro 2024 qualifiers. This match will be an opportunity for the hosts to improve their record in Euro qualifying and chase second place in the group, while the visitors will trying to recover from their poor performance in the last few tournaments.
Luxembourg, who are not usually considered a competitive team on the old continent, now have a chance to surpass their best record in Euro qualifying, which was 10 points from 10 matches in qualifying for Euro 1996. Currently, after four matches, they have already collected seven points ( win two, draw one, lose one) and are third in the group, just three points behind second-placed Slovakia.
Coach Luc Holtz’s team started with a goalless draw against Liechtenstein and lost 0-2 to Portugal, but then won twice in a row with a score of 2-0 over Bosnia and Herzegovina and 1-0 over Slovakia. The win over Bosnia was particularly impressive as Luxembourg was seeded very low (+1) before the match. Now, they hope to continue their positive trend by beating Iceland at home.
Iceland, on the other hand, is going through a difficult time after reaching the top by qualifying for the finals of Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup. In qualifying for Euro 2020, they still played quite well, finishing third in their group and only losing in the playoff final against Hungary. However, in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers, they won only two of ten matches and were eliminated early.
In qualifying for Euro 2024, Iceland have only got three points from four matches, with their only win being over Liechtenstein, the weakest in the group. They lost to Portugal (1-3), Slovakia (0-2), and Bosnia (0-1) by only scoring one goal. Coach Age Hareide, who took over the team in April 2023, has not been able to restore his team’s confidence and performance.
Iceland also have a poor record as a visiting team, with just four wins from their last 22 matches in all official and friendly competitions (within 90 minutes). Two of the four wins were over Liechtenstein, while the other two were over the equally weak Faroes and San Marino. However, Iceland have never lost to Luxembourg in head-to-head history (won four, drawn three), but that may not be enough to help them avoid defeat on Friday.
Considering the recent form and confidence of both teams, Luxembourg seems to have a greater chance of not losing or even winning this match. Luxembourg have home advantage and are in good form, while Iceland have more experience and are looking to turn things around.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Luxembourg vs Iceland match at Stade de Luxembourg Stadium, Lëtzebuer can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 5e ronde match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Luxembourg vs. Iceland|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||5e ronde|
|Venue||Stade de Luxembourg Stadium, Lëtzebuer|
|Date||Friday, September 08, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Luxembourg vs Iceland matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Luxembourg (4-3-3)||Iceland (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Luxembourg – Iceland
- November 15, 2009 – Luxembourg [1 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- March 10, 1999 – Luxembourg [1 – 2] Iceland (Friendlies)
- September 08, 1993 – Iceland [1 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- May 20, 1993 – Luxembourg [1 – 1] Iceland (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- March 28, 1990 – Luxembourg [1 – 2] Iceland (Friendlies)
Luxembourg – Last 5 Match Results
- March 24, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Luxembourg (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 6] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
- June 10, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 1] Malta (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2023 – Luxembourg [2 – 0] Liechtenstein (Europa Conference League)
- June 21, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [0 – 2] Luxembourg (Europa Conference League)
Iceland – Last 5 Match Results
- January 13, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [3 – 0] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 7] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- June 18, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 2] Slovakia (Europa Conference League)
- June 21, 2023 – Iceland [0 – 1] Portugal (Europa Conference League)