The Gil Vicente team will challenge the Benfica team in a Matchday 3 Primeira Liga in Estádio Cidade de Barcelos Stadium, Barcelos on Saturday, August 26, 2023. For streaming coverage of Gil Vicente vs Benfica, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Gil Vicente will host SL Benfica at the Estadio Cidade de Barcelos stadium on Saturday, August 26 2023, in the Portuguese league continued. This is an interesting match, because the two teams have had different forms at the start of this season.
Gil Vicente is a team on the rise in the Portuguese league. They have picked up 3 points from their first two matches, scoring 6 goals and conceding only 2 goals. They are in seventh place in the standings, only 3 points away from the leaders. They also have a good record at home, where they won 3 of the last 5 matches in all competitions.
Benfica, on the other hand, is a team that is going through a crisis of confidence and performance. They only got 3 points from their opening two matches, scoring 4 goals and conceding 3 goals. They are in eleventh place in the standings, far from their expectations as one of the strongest teams in Portugal. Benfica also often loses, both at home and outside the cage.
Statistics show that this match is likely to end with many goals. This is because the last 5 matches of SL Benfica away from home there have always been at least 3 goals scored. This means that the match between Gil Vicente vs Benfica will most likely end with more than 2 goals scored.
The history of meetings between the two teams also shows that Benfica has an advantage over Gil Vicente. In the last 9 visits to the Estadio Cidade de Barcelos stadium, Roger Schmidt’s team won 7 and drew 2, with 5 of those 9 matches only having a maximum of 2 goals scored. In his last two visits, Benfica won twice. However, if you look at the previous 20 meetings, Gil Vicente won 2, drew 2 and lost 16, with 12 of those 20 matches ending with more than 2 goals scored. Only in his last four meetings, Gil Vicente won once and lost three times.
Facing this important match tonight, Gil Vicente has high confidence and motivation to face Benfica, who is currently experiencing a crisis of confidence and performance. Gil Vicente also has a good record at home, while Benfica often loses away from home.
However, Benfica still has better quality players than Gil Vicente, and has a history of profitable encounters. Therefore, it is estimated that the final score of this match will be won by Benfica.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Gil Vicente vs Benfica match at Estádio Cidade de Barcelos Stadium, Barcelos can be watched live streaming. Primeira Liga 2023 Matchday 3 match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 15:30 ET.
|Match||Gil Vicente vs. Benfica|
|Competition||2023 Primeira Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 3|
|Venue||Estádio Cidade de Barcelos Stadium, Barcelos|
|Date||Saturday, August 26, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Gil Vicente vs Benfica matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Gil Vicente (4-3-3)||Benfica (4-3-3)|
|Gabriel Pereira||Antonio Silva|
|Pedro Tiba||Joao Neves|
5 H2H Latest Gil Vicente – Benfica
- April 30, 2023 – Gil Vicente [0 – 2] Benfica (Primeira Liga)
- November 14, 2022 – Benfica [3 – 1] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- February 03, 2022 – Benfica [1 – 2] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- August 22, 2021 – Gil Vicente [0 – 2] Benfica (Primeira Liga)
- April 18, 2021 – Benfica [1 – 2] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
Gil Vicente – Last 5 Match Results
- May 21, 2023 – Vitoria Guimaraes [1 – 0] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- May 27, 2023 – Gil Vicente [1 – 0] Casa Pia (Primeira Liga)
- July 23, 2023 – Oliveirense [1 – 0] Gil Vicente (League)
- August 12, 2023 – Gil Vicente [5 – 0] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
- August 19, 2023 – Vitoria Guimaraes [2 – 1] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
Benfica – Last 5 Match Results
- July 26, 2023 – Benfica [0 – 2] Burnley (Club Friendlies)
- July 30, 2023 – Feyenoord [2 – 1] Benfica (Club Friendlies)
- August 10, 2023 – Benfica [2 – 0] Porto (Super Cup)
- August 15, 2023 – Boavista [3 – 2] Benfica (Primeira Liga)
- August 20, 2023 – Benfica [2 – 0] Estrela (Primeira Liga)